By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What Sort of Guarantee Should You Expect From an SEO

Employment Law Services

Employment Law Services

EmployEasily Legal Services
Verified Member
I have already stated that I found the views of clients and other providers very interesting but at this stage I was personally unwilling to change the terms of my business,

The best yardstick would be to give an honest assessment of the current state of play

1. Have I lost out on clients due to offering no guarantees and charging a set monthly amount, 1 month payable in advance,

Most certainly yes.

2. Are clients happy with my payment terms and have any suggested a revamp or moving towards PFP.

I have supplied some kind of service to over 40 businesses in the past 12 months, to date no one has raised an objection or made any kind of payment related query.

In my situation would it not be better to tick over as I am as I have no plans for major expansion, certainly not in the SEO field.

peteark your point is a good one and I think its fair to say that each SEO service provider will adopt the model they feel best suits their business and that potential clients will decide to go with the company whose model they are most comfortable with.

There are no right or wrongs in this but I feel like the main objective of this post (to solicit the views of potential customers) has been lost in the debate that followed one attempt at answering the original question.

Would non SEO people be happy to post their views on the original question and would the SEO types be happy to allow the non SEO people the opportunity to express their views without commenting or attempting to push and justify their own positions?? The original question was a great one and the idea of gaining an insight into the mindsets of potential customers is a shrewd one. :)

Search engines provide a gateway to your website and are responsible for referring targeted visitors that have already declared an interest in the products or services that you sell. Well perhaps in an ideal world that’s how it should work, in reality without effective SEO these same search engines are just as effective at providing a gateway to your competitors websites.

The goals of each SEO campaign are different, increased opt-ins, leads, sales or forum membership are just a few possibilities. As someone approaching an SEO company, what sort of guarantee would you expect that the goals of your particular campaign would be met?