By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What is your favorite book on business

B

bizmoney

For me: Steve Job's biography.

I learned a lot from this book. Lessons learned: content is king and this quote :
“If you act like you can do something, then it will work.”

N

Normen

Hello. I am very grateful for such useful information for me.

Maricores

Maricores

it's a stupid quote... it will never work for real, because if you know nothing in medicine and pretend to be a doctor it won't work))

B

balder

Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler

Simply teaches you that regardless of your situation you can find unlikely allies in unexpected forms, when you do take them along for the ride and together there are no boundaries to your possibilities

K

Karen Chen

I quite like "The 1-Page Marketing Plan" by Allan Dib. A very concise, easy to read book with good insights as to what to focus on in marketing. After all, all companies need sales where marketing work plays a major role to it.

Ciancel

Ciancel

Jim Collins' book "Good to Great" focuses on the difference between companies who perform well and those who don't. He argues that if a company wants to succeed, they need to focus not only on their products, but also their customers and employees.

W

Wispond1991

1. The Art Of War - Sun Tzu
This classic work on military strategy written by Chinese philosopher Sun Tzu is considered the foundation of strategic thinking in the West. In addition to being a great read, it's full of timeless advice that still rings true today.
2. The E-Myth Revisited - Michael Gerber
Michael Gerber's seminal work on entrepreneurship was first published in 1989. He revisits his ideas about how small businesses can create real value for their customers.
3. Good To Great - Jim Collins
Jim Collins' best seller looks at what separates companies that succeed from those that don't. His research shows that companies who make the transition from good to great have clear goals that inspire employees and align everyone around them to achieve success.
4. Think And Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
Hill's 1937 classic offers a step-by-step guide to success. It covers topics including self-discipline, goal setting, and personal responsibility.
5. Built To Last - James C. Collins & Jerry Porras
The authors behind the wildly popular 'Good to Great' follow up with a look at longevity and how successful companies stay strong for decades.
6. How To Win Friends And Influence People - Dale Carnegie
Carnegie's 1936 classic on persuasion became a modern classic over 80 years later. Today, thousands of people use its principles each day, whether they realize it or not.
7. The Power Of Habit - Charles Duhigg
Duhigg breaks down how habits are formed and how entrepreneurs can leverage them to build competitive advantage.

ssadchyk

ssadchyk

"The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses" by Eric Ries​

SEO Focus Point

SEO Focus Point

The Two Trillion Dollar Meltdown is the best book for Business. This Book is available at PDF STALL​

Charles Lee

Charles Lee

For me, the best book is Rich Dad, Poor Dad, it's not so much about business, but it changes the mind dramatically.

S

sch4479

For me: Steve Job's biography.

I learned a lot from this book. Lessons learned: content is king and this quote :
“If you act like you can do something, then it will work.”
That's a great pick! Steve Jobs' biography definitely offers some valuable life lessons. The quote you mentioned is a solid reminder of the power of self-belief and confidence. Fake it till you make it, right? Makes you wonder how much of success is just stepping up and taking the reins.