By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What Time Of Day Are You Most Productive?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

The clue is in the title really :) Are you a morning person or evening person or maybe something in between :p

When are you at your most productive?

For me it's nearly always around 10 pm at night when it's nice and quiet, the kids are in bed etc. I find I get much more done then than at any other point of the day.

What works for you?

MattW

MattW

If I'm in the office, I usually find after 4pm. Working from home, late evening's are best, once the wife and daughter are in bed. During the day, working from home was limited to 2 hours during the day while my daughter had her nap.

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

Between 2-6pm. It's when I'm least distracted. For some reason, it's also the time I least get the urge to do recreational things, so I rarely do anything but work during these hours. After dinner though productivity slumps a bit.

Allegrif

Allegrif

12-2pm, by far. After that I'm ready for my day to be over. I still get things done, but not at the same lightning pace.

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

12-2pm, by far. After that I'm ready for my day to be over. I still get things done, but not at the same lightning pace.

I think in the evening you have the mentality of 'the day is a write off' I know if I don't have a productive burst in the mid afternoon the late afternoon and evening will be almost wasted.

saltire

saltire

I'm an early riser (5am most days!) so am most productive in the morning. After coffee of course :p

I also tend to get a second wind around 8pm and normally use that time to catch up on admin etc.

Allegrif

Allegrif

I think in the evening you have the mentality of 'the day is a write off' I know if I don't have a productive burst in the mid afternoon the late afternoon and evening will be almost wasted.
Exactly. By 5pm I consider the day over and the rest of the time essentially mine.

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

Exactly. By 5pm I consider the day over and the rest of the time essentially mine.

One the one hand though, I like getting things out of the way, but I am also more productive later than in the mornings. Especially 8am-12am, which is quite unproductive.

MapleTree

MapleTree

I'm definitely most productive in the morning. The earlier I get up, the better! I love the satisfaction of having the rest of the day mostly worry free, as I know I've gotten most things out of the way already.

Bacton

Bacton

I'm definitely most productive in the morning. The earlier I get up, the better! I love the satisfaction of having the rest of the day mostly worry free, as I know I've gotten most things out of the way already.
Amen! I don't know what it is that makes us so productive early in the morning - you'd think we'd just be longing for bed! Never mind though, we'll take it :p

MattW

MattW

I couldn't sleep last night, so spent from 2am to 6am catching up on stuff, and got a LOT done due to the lack of distractions.

laurenhayward

laurenhayward

Early in the morning after having my cup of coffee I feel so active and positive.

highlandspring

highlandspring

For me its usually 6am until 8am before everyone in the house gets up, or if it is a work day, before anyone else arrives at the office.

EvolutionBlogger

EvolutionBlogger

Always the morning. I have a habit of reading the news in the morning, but I really shouldn't do that as the morning is when I'm most productive

KilaMila

KilaMila

I am more productive between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
But I can also feel productive from 17:00 to 22:00.
It all depends on the time I wake up and the busyness of my day.

S

SethMorris

I am more productive between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
But I can also feel productive from 17:00 to 22:00.
It all depends on the time I wake up and the busyness of my day.
yeah, the same .... but after 2 p.m I feel so tired...and very active in the evening

Bayartry

Bayartry

It seems to me that in the morning I am more alert and my brain is more attuned to work. Although sometimes on the contrary, the mood to work comes closer to the night.