By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Wave Accounting

L

laserads.co.uk

been working on accounts recently , haven't we ALL , been using wave for about a year simply as
a free way to print pretty invoices , but been learning it over that time and
starting to use it for one small business , definately a very useful FREE product

i like the ability to work in the CLOUD , and have worked
on it in different locations easily

you can have MULTIPLE businesses

you can connect bank and paypal accounts for the system
to import transactions automatically

Ok so heres why i am here to mention this !

you can try up with a PRO WAVE PARTNER for help

so i just wanted to mention although theres a few accountants in edinburgh
who are pro wave partners

Theres NONE in Glasgow !

theres an opportunity ! for someone !

MrsDev

I'd never heard of Wave before, I've just googled and it looks interesting. I like the fact you can link PayPal to it, I do about 90% of my transactions via paypal. I'm currently entering each transaction into a spreadsheet which is a massive heaache and then printing each transaction out to file!

L

laserads.co.uk

I found an issue with trying to sign up and older business to paypal in WAVE , it seems to only import about 3 months " automatically " ( i read on wave forum this is ongoing issue ) , the work around is to do the older stuff by csv etc , do a download from paypal and then an upload to wave , then connect the account and it will run from there checking into paypal every day to get upto date transactions , its pretty cool as it automatically recognizes fees and put them in as an expense etc

R

Robert Frost

Not sure that I like the sound of WAVE - will have to look into it a bit more before I make up my mind

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Wave is an interesting one. I know a few people who use it and everyone has positive feedback.

From what I can tell it's based in Canada. It does charge for its payroll product but only does Canada and some US states so no use in the UK.

Are people going for this purely because it's free or is it genuinely useful and better than what you've used before?

Free always sounds too good to be true. There must be a monetisation aspect at some point no?

Has anyone tested how you get info out just in case?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Robert Frost

I didnt realise it wasnt available in the UK, could be why i hadn't heard of it

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I'm pretty sure it is available in the UK. My point was about the payroll aspect which I don't think they do. The accounting part will still be relevant I would imagine.

Incidentally I received an Invoice from someone who was using Wave just last week and it looked pretty professional :)

MattW

MattW

I've been testing it along side my current accounting solution (good old Excel!),it's working OK for me so far.