By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Today's Triumphs..

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we could talk about the things that have been GOOD about our days!

Today hasn't really started yet, so I will talk about yesterday.

I managed to secure a client who I have had my eye on for a LONG time, and have signed a contract to mean that I will personally be responsible for anything that he publishes (articles mostly) for the next six months! So I will be very busy, but I am happy about that.

This doesn't have to be about business alone if you don't want it to be. You can include personal triumphs too. Anything that might make you smile when you read back over it!

B

Branded Merchandise

Congratulations Gemma! That sounds amazing.

Now I come to think of it, I've had no real triumphs this week. Perhaps a chocolate cookie could change that. Yes, it will!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Congratulations Gemma! That sounds amazing.

Now I come to think of it, I've had no real triumphs this week. Perhaps a chocolate cookie could change that. Yes, it will!

I would consider a chocolate cookie a triumph in itself! In fact, better than mine :D.

Today's.. I would say a triumph is that I've been at my desk since 6, have almost finished the day's work, and that means I can go out in the sunshine instead of sitting in an office all day! Early mornings are the best!

P

Pete Brindle

My triumph for today is that I have just accompanied a young man in an examination/audition that he never thought he'd be able to do. I think he nailed it. We have to wait for the results, but to be honest I think it's perfectly clear he's in.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Triumph - managing to go out on the balcony and find a position where I have a strong enough internet connection to work. Win win!

P

Pete Brindle

Managing to get through a lunchtime rehearsal for a concert without losing it with the stress. Now just the after school one to go..

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

FINALLY managing to get my credit card company to accept a payment that I've been stressing about for several days. Apparently there was a problem with the system!

P

Pete Brindle

Gemma - it's not Halifax by any chance is it?? Because I was having that problem too!

Today - we have secured funding for a little concert. Not much, but it means a heck of a lot to the kids.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma - it's not Halifax by any chance is it?? Because I was having that problem too!

Today - we have secured funding for a little concert. Not much, but it means a heck of a lot to the kids.

Ha ha, no, it was Tesco actually. Everything seems fine now. It could have been my bank I'm not sure, but either way all's good and I won't be charged for whatever happened there!

Jennie Stamp

Jennie Stamp

Gemma, this thread is a great idea. My triumph today was walking to work, takes 50 minutes and a huge chunk of it is up hill!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma, this thread is a great idea. My triumph today was walking to work, takes 50 minutes and a huge chunk of it is up hill!

Sometimes it's great just to make note of the good things! Well done that's great!

My triumph.. finding my dream pair of jeans - on sale for £7! Major triumph; I've been looking for jeans like these for ages!

And I think I've found the best person to take the job going in our office, though I'm not 100% sure yet.

P

Pete Brindle

I have officially put down a deposit on the new place we're hoping to rent! It was pretty much sorted verbally, but this makes it official! It is a triumph, but at the same time I am also rather scared.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I have officially put down a deposit on the new place we're hoping to rent! It was pretty much sorted verbally, but this makes it official! It is a triumph, but at the same time I am also rather scared.

That's so exciting! I'm looking for a new house at the moment so I'm kind of in the property game right now, too!

P

Pete Brindle

That's so exciting! I'm looking for a new house at the moment so I'm kind of in the property game right now, too!

So exciting. I hope you manage to get it. I struggled for my first house because I was self employed and nowhere would even think about financing me! It was annoying as I was earning more than enough!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

So exciting. I hope you manage to get it. I struggled for my first house because I was self employed and nowhere would even think about financing me! It was annoying as I was earning more than enough!

It's all playing the game.. crunching the numbers.. convincing the bankers. I'm certain I can do it!

P

Pete Brindle

Just one week to go until we finish for the summer, so we've started handing out the feedback forms.. what we've read so far has been amazing. Long may this triumph continue!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Just one week to go until we finish for the summer, so we've started handing out the feedback forms.. what we've read so far has been amazing. Long may this triumph continue!

I'm excited about this too, although there are a couple of weeks for me before I go on my break. Work is really winding down though, which means I can make the most of the weather! I know I shouldn't relax so much yet but heck, I'm the boss, and I've saved up during the year so that I can relax in the summer! So yes, that would be my triumph!

P

Pete Brindle

After pretty much working through the entire night, I have the pupils' reports ready to hand out, which means that I have the rest of the day today to simply chill out and enjoy the nice weather!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

After pretty much working through the entire night, I have the pupils' reports ready to hand out, which means that I have the rest of the day today to simply chill out and enjoy the nice weather!

Well done! That must be seriously relieving!