By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Running a Fish & Chips shop

G

geek84

Hi Folks
I’m thinking of going into partnership with a friend of mine who runs and works in a fish and chips shop, on which he has taken out a lease.
However, I have a full time job and no nothing about running a chippy. He said he will take on an assistant in my place, who will help him with the running of the shop, because (according to him) business is expanding.
Could someone kindly advise what issues/problems I would come against if I decided to go into partnership with him? I am also planning to do the accounts for him. What things would I need to take into consideration?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

E

Employer

Has your friend said why he wants you to go into partnership with him? No offence, but you admit that you have no idea about running a chip shop and I would guess you have not looked after accounts before?

L

lookingforadvice

Why would anybody take on a new partner for their business and then suggest taking on a new member of staff to cover that new partner? To me that seems like a doubling up of wages? I would question that.