By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Is Google+ next Facebook for SMO?

BioOutsource

BioOutsource

2011+-+1

One image speaks thousand words, let share what your views are with respect to this emerging platform, do you think it will be more valuable for Business professionals as FB is more into casual stuff?

ScotComp

ScotComp

Although Google have shot up rather quickly, you must remember that both Twitter/Facebook started off from nothing at all whereas Google have been around for a number of years now.

I honestly think that Facebook will remain the market leader, from the feedback I've heard so far people don't seem to be that impressed with it but it's still early days I suppose.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I would agree with Scott. Google has the brand power that Facebook and Twitter never had so it was always going to be ahead of the curve in terms of early adoption. I guess the main acid test is that it continues to grow and add users.

I have however never heard much negativity towards Google Plus. I spend alot of time on Twitter etc and the general consensus I seem to pick up is that it has been very well received. I just simply haven't had the time to look into it as yet. :)

BioOutsource

BioOutsource

Well to be honest what i think circle is just a renaming of LISTS, just trying to be different. Google+ have so many other features especially that hang out one. thats really cool.
P.s am i marketing Google+ here :p

Image42

Image42

We've recently started to use GooglePlus - not for our business but individually. So far, we're enjoying it and like the 'circles' and the idea of 'hangouts'. To us it feels fresh and modern and doesn't (yet) have those annoying apps which clog up your screen because one of your contacts has reached Level 35 in something. We'll always use Facebook though because all of our family and friends are on it... and because our 'Image42' page is there too ;)

Business Upside

Business Upside

Follow the bottom step by step process:
  • To optimize your Facebook page all you have to do is create a custom URL for your brand
  • Play by the rules.
  • Interact socially and productively.