By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

British Gas chasing me for a bill for a dissolved company

C

CharlieChops

Hi all,

I need a little help in tackling this. British Gas have instructed a solicitor to chase an outstanding bill from 2022/23. I was trading from a commercial unit and I ceased trading due to lack of funds in 2023 and applied to dissolve the company (spongebob plan). I duly wrote to my 2 creditors (phone & energy) to tell them this. The company has now been dissolved.

Now British Gas solicitors have found my home address (probably the landlord redirecting them) but not my name, and are requesting payment over a year later. I dont have access to my old business emails so I cant be 100% certain that I agreed to personally guarantee any debt but I have found an online contract and it doesnt mention personal guarantees.

I never traded from my home address so How should I proceed?