By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Affiliate Marketing?

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

I was once an affiliate markerter myself, and made a small amount of money, although not enough to replace a day job.

Do you think it is wise to get affiliates to market your business for you?

Allegrif

Allegrif

How exactly does this work? I hear about it a lot, but nobody's ever explained it to me in layman's terms.

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

How exactly does this work? I hear about it a lot, but nobody's ever explained it to me in layman's terms.

You get someone to do your marketing for you, and in exchange they get a direct cut of the profits. You'll often see it in the form of referal links.

selfemployed

selfemployed

If you can find a product/service which offers good margins then it is certainly something to consider - affiliate commissions can vary from say 5% up to 30% and many people do make a living out of affiliate marketing. One thing to bear in mind, your affiliates need to have confidence in your affiliate reporting and YOU therefore you might need to join the likes of Webgains.com and Affiliatewindow.com who manage affiliate programs. So not only do they have the systems in place to track and report affiliate clicks/links but they also have the confidence of the affiliate marketing industry - those joining a program know they will get paid. Watch when going down this route as these affiliate marketing companies often charge fairly hefty set-up fees and will also take a slice of every affilaiet sale - as well as the website instigating the affiliate sale.

Business Upside

Business Upside

Affiliate marketing is an advertising model in which a company compensates third-party publishers to generate traffic or leads to the company's products and services.

DatingKit

DatingKit

We are building our sites with affiliate schemes built into them to make them easier for our clients to gain affiliates to market their sites for them.
We have a lot of work to do to make them a really good programme, it's early days but some of the first examples seem to have had a lot of affiliate sign-ups, so there is interest.

Of course, if anyone has any affiliate experience and knows what it takes to be a brilliant affiliate marker I would love to hear from you. I might be able to give you a free site in exchange for helping with some great suggestions to help us develop a great product.

J

Jahanara Sultana

Publishers can make money through affiliate marketing by employing an affiliate link to promote goods or services sold by other businesses. The affiliate partner receives payment for helping the shop or advertiser reach their goal.
Usually, a sale is an outcome. However, affiliate marketing organizations can pay you for leads, free-trial users, website clicks, or app downloads.
You don't have to worry about expensive setup charges because most affiliate programs are typically free to join. If done correctly, an efficient affiliate marketing approach can transform from a side gig into a lucrative online company concept by bringing in a respectable amount of money.

GopinathT

GopinathT

Affiliate Marketing is a modern way to earn money online. It involves getting paid for tasks like bringing in website visitors or making sales. Both the merchant and the affiliate benefit from this arrangement.

To create a steady income, it's smart to partner with an experienced affiliate marketer. I came across a platform called QoreUps during my research. They offer various marketplace solutions for different types of businesses, like rentals, sales, and services.

If you're interested in joining and earning, check out the QoreUps Affiliate program

P

pearsonandpearson

affiliate marketing can be a wise strategy if implemented thoughtfully and aligned with your business goals. It's essential to weigh the potential benefits against the associated costs and efforts involved in managing an affiliate program effectively.

B

Brandon Kooper

Yes, having affiliates market your business can be beneficial if done strategically. It can expand your reach and drive sales, but it's crucial to choose affiliates carefully and offer attractive incentives.

Adam NN

Adam NN

I think this is the most option. By hiring sellers whom you pay only for their sales of your product, you lose nothing and are guaranteed to earn money. Many companies have maintained and developed for decades using this method of promotion.