By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

WIN a FREE copy of "How They Started in tough times"

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

OK - I recently reviewed this book on Scottish Business Blog and i've pasted below a link to that very review.

How They Started in tough times - Book reviewed by SBB | Scotland's Small Business Blog

As part of trying to move SBF on a bit and make things a little more interactive i'm now going to try and give away a top business book once or twice a month. I'll be honest i'm really trying to increase engagement in the forums and this is kind of our first attempt.

Rules are pretty simple.

To be in the draw you have to post a comment in this thread. Please make sure you only make one comment!

You must have a minimum of 5 posts on the forums at the closing date which is Friday 6th of August at 9.00PM to qualify. This means that this comment just needs to be one of your five initial posts to qualify.

That's it! Keeping it very simple for the first attempt and if anyone does need clarification then please PM me.

I will arrange for delivery of the book to the winning entrant as soon after the closing date as possible. It would also be great if the winner could send us a little fun picture with the book so we can add it to the newsletter :)

So it's now open and please feel free to promote this via Twitter/Facebook etc. :)

abs

abs

Yes, I agree Alison, a lot of businesses start up with redundancy money.

I was fortunate enough to have been employed but left to start up my own business - just before the economy slid downhill!

Business has been slow but beginning to pick up now so look out Sunday Times Rich List, here I come! :001_rolleyes:

Theresia

Craig Bedworth

Craig Bedworth

Nice idea, . I hope more people get involved in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

OK, thread closed. This didn't go as well as expected but hey ho we will try again!

Winner to be announced soon! :)

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

OK - I've decided to do something a bit different with this as we didn't have a great response. Craig has won the main book in the competition and i'll hopefully get this posted to you tomorrow. I'll also be sending books from my collection to Alison and Theresia. These will be business focussed but hopefully you will both find them useful :)

Hoping that they will all be posted tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.