By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Will Your Policies Stand Up To Scrutiny In An Employment Tribunal?

M

Mike Turner

Thanks for the blog, it's very informative. Do you mind if I share it with a few people who I feel could benefit from it?

Edward Obi

Edward Obi

Director, HR Consultancy
Please feel free Mike. I am available if they have any questions.

Best regards

Edward

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I have strong feelings about this and, actually in the past month or two, we have gone over our policies very closely with a lawyer so that we can make sure that we are covered against a great number of loopholes etc. It's much better to take the time to do it now rather than waiting for somebody to take you to court over it!

Edward Obi

Edward Obi

Director, HR Consultancy
Thanks Gemma it is very important met up with a potential client today and conducted a free HR healthcheck to say the least he was very much exposed to all sorts of claims. He signed up as a client and i wiĺl ensure he has up to date policies and procedure. Thats what we are here for. Please feel free to refer me to any one that you feel may be exposed or share my blog.

Thanks

P

Pete Brindle

Ours would. Without a doubt. Since setting up the new premises we've looked over everything again to make sure absolutely everyone knows where they stand in the company, and I honestly think we have everything covered now. You can quote me on that when something goes wrong, of course!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Ours would. Without a doubt. Since setting up the new premises we've looked over everything again to make sure absolutely everyone knows where they stand in the company, and I honestly think we have everything covered now. You can quote me on that when something goes wrong, of course!

You were just working with your friends before, weren't you? Did you find that you weren't thorough because you thought that would be okay? To anyone else in the same position, I would urge you to still be careful, because you could find that friends can turn sour when there's money involved!