By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Who is your hero in business?

Needhelp

Needhelp

I would be intrigued to know who is your hero in business. Your father, grandfather or other family member or perhaps you look up to the likes of Elon Musk, Bill Gates, etc.

Adam

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly I havent got one, I look up to and congratuate anyone who is successful in their own right, not nessarily based on wealth/profit. Success can be seen differently depending on whom you speak to and what peoples goals are.

That said, What Elon is doing is nothing short of amazing to push the us to the next level.

L

lookingforadvice

Interesting that you mention Elon Musk, perhaps one of the most controversial entrepreneurs of this generation. Many people believe that the gap between high intelligence and insanity is very close, well, Mr Musk has done a few bizarre things in recent months. However, there is no getting away from the fact that starting at PayPal and falling into Tesla by mistake, after his partners left, he has taken this to a whole new level.

If he hits targets for Tesla he stands to receive a $55 billion bonus! However, this will be put a fraction of that made for the shareholders. Certainly a man to watch!

Leliel

Leliel

I admire a lot of people in the business world, but maybe my favourite one is Jeff Bezos. I admire his personality and character as clearly, he put a lot of effort in his venture. His hard work payed off only after a lot of time of running the business, but he never gave up, and consistently kept working until things looked better. I believe that he is very smart as well, and I respect this aspect as well. Also, the other day I was reading this article online which also gave me some pretty good insights in the business world, especially from a more emotional side. Definitely recommend reading https://talbotorm.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F639467545624231936 .

manaman

manaman

Honestly I havent got one, I look up to and congratuate anyone who is successful in their own right, not nessarily based on wealth/profit. Success can be seen differently depending on whom you speak to and what peoples goals are.

That said, What Elon is doing is nothing short of amazing to push the us to the next level.

Can't help but agree with this.

No one has done it exactly how I want to do it. I take inspiration, but I don't want to emulate anyone