By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

When And Why Did You Decide To Take This Direction?

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

When I left university, I realised that there wasn't going to be a job for me. A lot of my peers gave up and started claiming unemployment benefits, but I decided that I wasn't going to do this. Instead, I decided that I would make a job for myself.

It wasn't easy, but I knew I wanted to do it, and I am more than satisfied with the way that I managed it.

What about you? I know that a lot of people decide to start a new business after a life experience, or after being made redundant from a previous job - but there are a lot of other people with very interesting stories to tell!

P

Pete Brindle

I've loved music forever, and have always wanted to do something like this, but it was only when I spoke to a few musical friends that we decided we could make a go of it, and we have done so ever since. We have all loved it, we work together brilliantly, and I hope that it continues for a very long time to come.

L

Lauren Turner

I've always been creative and started doing this as a way to earn extra cash when the kids were younger. Then I just got stuck with it really, not that it's any hardship because I love it, and love every day of what I do. So it is fantastic, and something that I hope I am going to enjoy for a long time to come.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I've always been creative and started doing this as a way to earn extra cash when the kids were younger. Then I just got stuck with it really, not that it's any hardship because I love it, and love every day of what I do. So it is fantastic, and something that I hope I am going to enjoy for a long time to come.

I've said this before about you but your job is like everyone's dream. Making money from what you actually WANT to do, and ENJOY doing, is something you should be proud of. Never take it for granted, because there aren't all that many people who are able to succeed in that way!

P

Pete Brindle

Having a talent, particularly when it's something creative, can be wonderful, especially if you manage to find a way to be able to earn money from it. I do hope you continue to make money and enjoy what you do, because as Gemma said, it's something that I am fairly sure a lot of people would be jealous of!

M

Mike Turner

I was in the position to buy the garage, and I knew I might never be in that position again. I was terrified, but it was a case of "do it, or you might never do it". I'm glad I did, even though there are definitely times when there is a lot of stress that I could do without.