By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What's changed business wise for you these last 12 months?

Marbman

Marbman

Just interested to know how many of you out there who currently run your own business have had to adapt things these last 12 months or is it business as usual for you? Im fortunate to have been in a market (building online businesses) where things have actually improved but I appreciate sadly that this has not been the case for many others recently. What's been your experience and what's changed, if anything.

quelizz

quelizz

Over the past months, I have been able to make my startup more successful, which I am very happy about. It's good that even before starting my startup project, I learned about social communities for startups https://jetruby.com/blog/social-media-for-startups/ . Social media is one of the most effective ways to expand your reach, connect to your target audience, and grow your business.

L

Lucylu555

Hey, I completely agree with florri... since I run a beauty salon you can imagine the impact the situation made on our business. Things have been and still are pretty uncertain so I vowed to myself I'll try to at least find something to diversify my saloon from others. Obviously, I started building my presence on social media but that was just for awareness - still no revenue. Then I tried to think outside of the box ... My husband is obsessed with cryptocurrencies atm so I was thinking how can I combine that with my business. After digging the internet I found something that seemed very interesting to me. It is a POS service that allows you to pay also with crypto. I got interested in that and after conducting research I understood that it actually offers u another source of revenue... It shows ads on the POS terminal in that way you are making money (haha I couldn't believe it). Anyway, I decided to try it out and OMG do my clients love it. I think it's just about the possibility tho be able to pay with crypto but they find it fascinating. So far it works perfectly but I guess I'll see in time.

If anyone is interested in it or thinks it would be beneficial to their business here is the link to it: https://elly.com/pos/

Has anyone of you have some similar solutions to step up our game in business? :D

MasonNathan

MasonNathan

Hello! I understand that this topic is already outdated, but it is important for me to find a solution to a similar problem. Especially in the modern realities of COVID 19

Mintlo

Mintlo

Covid-19 gave businesses a kick in the pants, mainly those that were not convinced of the benefits of working from home or having meetings over the web. Most businesses that relied on footfall had to adapt & diversify. I thought it was glorious. These businesses I believe made more money working this way too. The tech was always there, but the drive to try something new wasn't. Will it always take desperate times to jolt peoples imaginations? What's on your mind @MasonNathan ?

MasonNathan

MasonNathan

Covid-19 gave businesses a kick in the pants, mainly those that were not convinced of the benefits of working from home or having meetings over the web. Most businesses that relied on footfall had to adapt & diversify. I thought it was glorious. These businesses I believe made more money working this way too. The tech was always there, but the drive to try something new wasn't. Will it always take desperate times to jolt peoples imaginations? What's on your mind @MasonNathan ?
I think that during the period of COVID, there is a tough selection in the world, just like in the animal kingdom. The strongest eats the weak

Maricores

Maricores

COVID and now the war in Ukraine have changed a lot for my business.
I used to sell fruits and vegetables in both Russia and Ukraine. Now I have no possibility to do that...

K

Karen Chen

Think outside of the box. Be adaptive and open-mind to new ideas. Be courageous to make changes for the better.