By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What are the benefits of having a website redesign?

OscarNolan

OscarNolan

I own a start-up business and currently planning to give my website a fresh look. My friend is urging me to hire this expert in WordPress website design London that she found online. It’s been a while since I’ve established my website, and I’m not sure if having it redesigned is practical and beneficial. Hence, I’m still deciding whether to proceed or not. I would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

K

karlbifs

It depends how old your website is an hence does it use outdated and none Google friendly technology. Eg.. is it smartphone friendly?

E

Employer

Things change so quickly and with more than 50% of searches now through mobile devices, mobile compatible designs are very very important going forwards. Remember the design of your website is the first thing people will see even before they see what products/services you are selling. Sometimes it can also give you an excuse to relaunch your business with a raft of promotional articles on third party sites.

B

brianj_hill

I own a start-up business and currently planning to give my website a fresh look. My friend is urging me to hire this expert in WordPress website design London that she found online. It’s been a while since I’ve established my website, and I’m not sure if having it redesigned is practical and beneficial. Hence, I’m still deciding whether to proceed or not. I would appreciate some advice. Thanks.
I think you need to understand how your website fits into your overall business strategy. Websites can fulfil many purposes these days and may require a lot of effort if you overload it. Can I ask you what you are trying to do with you overall business and whether your website is currently a large part of your operation

selfemployed

selfemployed

Sometimes you will find that less is better when it come to new website designs. Mobiles devices now account for more than 50% of search engine searches therefore your design MUST be compatible with mobile use. So, fewer (or smaller) images to load will improve load times and ensure visitors dont get bored, log off and go elsewhere.

A

abraham06

I would suggest you to develop a Mobile Application for your business instead of updating your previous website, same was the case with me and I research out and found a company named "Cubix" who guided me to shift to the mobile app and now I am happy to see the growth of my business.

Matt Rumbelow

Matt Rumbelow

Yeh, assuming you have a responsive site that works well on all devices (a must),then whether it needs updating or not is whether it does a good job promoting you to the world. Whether it's an e-commerce store or not, you should certainly see it as a 'store front'. In most cases, it's where your audience will interact with you and make an opinion about you.

Oh, and as someone who used to work in a design studio, I'd say try to consider all of your branding and voice at the same time. Website re-designs can cost a reasonable amount, so it's a good time to think about your market, and your existing branding –logo, tone of voice, etc.

J

John Sanchez

The redesign of your website will bring many benefits, people will feel another experience with your website, new order in links, new structure, new desire of buy from the prospects, SEO optimization with new platforms.

Try to redesign and test the changes, and always if you can, improve your site, making changes.

John.

Mintlo

Mintlo

Website refreshes or audits are a good idea, and should not cost the earth. Technology changes so fast, and good practices that were acceptable one day, are obsolete the next. Keeping WordPress websites healthy can be hard work. They need regular maintenance, just like a car or a garden. You have to not only consider the frontend > how it looks on the screen... but give great consideration to the backend > the computer files & system configuration, as this is what keeps you and your customers safe.

Latest Posts