By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What Are My Requirements For Registry Etc?

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

I've started taking on projects for clients, but I'm also working, although I plan to quit my job soon.

My question is what do I have to do in the way of registering my business, and when do I have to inform HRMC of my self employed activities? I have an accurate record from day 1 of all transcations, outgoings and income.

stugster

stugster

You need to register with HMRC as soon as you begin trading.

If you're happy going down the self-employed route, take a look at the information here: https://www.gov.uk/working-for-yourself/overview

It might be worthwhile talking to an Accountant at this stage and making enquiries as to the best structure for your business. It might be that being self-employed isn't the right way to go.

Business Upside

Business Upside

The main documents for GST registration include a PAN card, proof of business registration, identity, photographs, and address proof of persons in charge, the business' address proof, and bank account statements.

Latest Posts