By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

The Ultimate Guide To Creating A Successful Online Business

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Great Infographic below and also a link to the main article.

Here's the link http://ecommerce-platforms.com/ecommerce-selling-advice/ultimate-epic-guide-successful-online-shop

The-Ultimate-Epic-Guide-to-Create-a-Successful-Online-Business.png

Allegrif

Allegrif

I'd just like to add a little something. Where it says users decide in 50ms if they like your website or not, there's another very important point to be made. If your site takes 50 seconds, not milliseconds to load, you might as well not even have a website. Studies suggest sites that take more than 3 seconds to load begin to lose the majority of their traffic. Speed optimisation is a must.

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

I'd just like to add a little something. Where it says users decide in 50ms if they like your website or not, there's another very important point to be made. If your site takes 50 seconds, not milliseconds to load, you might as well not even have a website. Studies suggest sites that take more than 3 seconds to load begin to lose the majority of their traffic. Speed optimisation is a must.

It's unfortunate when errors on the user's side put them off, when it's not your fault. I've had people complain about slow load times (while they were still running a computer from 2004!) while no one else has.

S

Steve Gibson

One thing it doesn't mention - which I would say is the #1 most important factor when creating an ecommerce business - is that you have to design your business to earn enough from a visitor for you to be able to buy traffic.

It's all very well to talk about SEO, but for ecommerce, the vast majority of google clicks are on paid listings. The organics are often not even on the first fold.

Steve

selfemployed

selfemployed

One thing I have learned to my cost, do not sit back and enjoy the good times without investing and constantly updating your business and website to reflect the times. I had a site earning thousands a month, I sat back and enjoyed the good times but a few Google changes later and income was down by 90%. I have just paid someone to redesign the site and it looks brilliant, something I should have done years ago - now I am playing catch up.