By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Scotland's First Peer To Peer Support Network Kicks Off Crowdfunding Campaign

Ross Dundas

Ross Dundas

Aberdeen based social enterprise, The Wishing Tree has kicked off it’s crowdfunding campaign

in partnership with national crowdfunding firm crowdfunder.co.uk. The firm is seeking to raise

£35,000 to create 2 new jobs to support the creation of Scotland’s first non-profit peer to peer

business support network.

Operating in partnership with local entrepreneurial champion, Andrew Smith of Aberdeen

Business Network and Local Software Development firm, Intellicore Ltd, the firm is building a

revolutionary business support platform which has the potential to transform the business

support mechanics across Scotland via Gift Economics by connecting startups (Known as

Wishers) to established businesses (Known as Granters) willing to fullfil narrow scope projects

and products free of charge to support entrepreneurship and innovation throughout Scotland.

Ross Dundas, Project Lead and Chief Executive of The Wishing Tree, commented: “The project

has already has already helped startups gain access to support with our pilot event that we

successfully ran in October. Our crowdfunding campaign will allow us to take this to the next

level throughout Scotland via a hugely innovative online platform and create 2 new jobs in the

process. A definite win-win for us as a business and the entrepreneurs we aim to support”

Andrew Smith, Director of Aberdeen Business Network, said: "For the startup businesses that

have business wishes, this is a unique opportunity for them to tap into the experience that exists

within the business community."

The campaign has already attracted some high profile rewards all sourced from local Aberdeen

Based businesses including from Northsound 1 DJ John Mellis, who is launching a new firm

Mellis Media, whisky Firm, Peaty Nose and Aberdeen based comedy club, Breakneck Comedy.

Ends

For further information, please contact:

Ross Dundas, Project Lead and Chief Executive, The Business Wishing Tree CIC 0333 6000 550

- Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm

07931 503247

Notes to editors

1. The Wishing Tree is the trading name for The Business Wishing Tree CIC. A non-profit

community interest company limited by guarantee. Reg. SC490707. The Wishing Tree is building

Scotland’s first peer-to-peer business support network built on Gift Economics.

2. A gift economy is a mode of exchange where services, products and other resources are not

sold, but rather given without an explicit agreement for immediate or future rewards. It is not

a barter economy where in contrast there is an explicit exchange of goods or services for

money or some other commodity.

Gift economies work on the basis of relationships and an agreement to work for the benefit

of society and our local communities as a whole rather than for personal gain. This creates a

level playing field and equal opportunities for everyone on the basis of their determination to

contribute to society regardless of their socio-economic background or other factors.

3. The Wishing Tree crowdfunding campaign is being operated in partnership with

crowdfunder.co.uk. It can be found at www.crowdfunder.co.uk/thewishingtree

4. For ever pledge to the project of £50 or more The Wishing Tree will donate £5 to either The

Princes Trust or Epilepsy Scotland depending on the pledger’s preference.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Ross,

This sounds like a really amazing venture. I wish you all the best with it and if we can help in anyway please get in touch :)

Ross Dundas

Ross Dundas

Thanks...simply helping spread the word and encouraging people to donate to the campaign to help create the peer to peer network could make all the difference and accelerate the creation of the network.

If the project is fully funded i'm looking to start events in nationally by next summer. We need to be raising £800 a day to reach our target by the 5th January. This is Scotland's project to unify all the business support mechanisms so i'd encourage as many people to pledge to the campaign as possible. If you can't donate please spread the word.
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/thewishingtree

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pete Brindle

I admire people who look for funds through crowdfunding, and I think it's definitely growing in its popularity as a means of raising funds. Keep us updated with how you go, as it will be interesting to see. I wish you the absolute best of luck with it!

M

Mike Turner

My brother funded his band's first album thanks to crowd funding down in Liverpool, so it's great that you're doing this, and I wish you the best of luck with it!

Latest Posts