By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Patenting An Idea

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
Despite the fact that many people would have you believe that all of the good ideas already been thought of, this is by no means the case. I have had a number of ideas over the years which I have not followed through with but may do so in the future. Does anybody have any experience of patenting an idea?

My idea loosely revolves around road safety which I believe is something the government will be very keen to target in years to come.

Needhelp

Needhelp

One issue here is that nondisclosure agreements, when talking to 3rd parties, are in many ways useless. If you think your business idea might attract the attention of the authorities, why not approach them directly? If it is to do with road safety then why not approach the highways department of the Scottish government?