By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

New Business Idea...

Brian McIntosh

...Guaranteed to make you money.

According to the news this morning, it's becoming commonplace for parents to install spy cameras to snoop on the activities of Nannies / Childminders. You can view a live feed via a secure site on the internet to make sure that junior is getting the best possible care. Some nurseries have even fitted cameras so that parent keep an eye on their kids. So, anyone with a bit of cash to buy equipment, this is the area to get into. You'll make a fortune.

Seriously, is it just me or is this just a step too far? I'm all for protecting children but do parents really need to go this far? If you employ someone, would you want them spending all day watching what the nanny is up to?

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Believe it or not they also have these in catteries and dog kennels for people concerned about their pets! Whether it's a step too far i'm not too sure. I have two young girls, one who's three and the other just 8 months. I'm not saying I would be sitting on it all day but i'd maybe use it a few times a day just to check on them and put my mind at ease.

I think most of the time using your own judgement will be good enough but theres still the possibility of someone sneaking under the radar. If something ever happened could you ever forgive yourself?

I actually think there is a market there, there's been so many cases of children going missing etc that it's hard not to get paranoid.

Brian McIntosh

I posted this with my tongue heading towards my cheek but I do think that there is a growing market for this type of thing. Cats and dogs open it up even further. Partnership anyone?

TomB

TomB

Absolutely!!!!

We'll get greg and nothing does to brand it, I can do an online shop and redevo and Scott can do SEO and Alison can do PR.

And we're all millionaires overnight!! :D

I had a really good business idea the other day from one of the posts on here, just don't have the time to do it on my own, it invovlves tickets though, if anybody is interested PM and we can discuss further :D

TomB

TomB

is that what we are calling them these days :D

i should have mentioned it was a legitimate business idea and not ticket touting!!

I wonder how many worried nannies, and childminders will be shaking new toys that children they look after suddenly appear with?

You can see the parents point though can't you.

Its strange its just coming to light now, these things have been around for years and years in America, they used to use them for a programme called cheaters.

T

Brian McIntosh

I had the great fortune of being asked to work in a picturesque part of the States last year and I came across a programme on telly, can't remember the name of it, where teenage girls were used to lure men into chatrooms to talk about things, then addressess would be swapped and the men would turn up at a house where the police were waiting to arrest them and some bloke would come out of the shadows to ask some really to the point questions. It was real car crash T.V. Maybe it's the same programme you were talking about Tom?