By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Instagram For Businesses

MrsDev

Does anyone use Instagram to highlight their products from their business?

I haven't used Instagram myself but I assume it is similiar to Pinterest. Has anyone had any success on converting followers/fans into customers or leads?

MrsDev

Thanks James.

I've signed up and branded my profile, I've even posted my first picture and have 22 followers already!

Here was my first picture
9aa46662635f11e3b98c0e4d1ad2c28d_5.jpg

With the caption -
"I think someone had fun playing with my fob watches!"

4 likes and counting!

:D

R

Robert Frost

I think it can work well. Especially if you want to link to Twitter and Facebook (which I know some businesses as well as individuals do) I will be getting that up and running when I'm ready to launch (well pre-launch really )

MrsDev

I've connected Instagram both to Twitter and Facebook. Since last night (and this morning),I have posted four pictures. With one of them getting 14 shares and 15 likes on Facebook! I've had an extra 9 likes to my facebook page and now have 40 followers on Instagram.

I only opened the account last night! I've tried to do as the article James posted suggested. I've 'gone out there' with my images. The one I posted which got 14 shares last night was a quote image.

I'm going to try and stick at this one, it is really quick and easy to use as well.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

This is something that could work. Not particularly for my business, but it could for anything that requires displaying a product - particularly in markets such as fashion and design. Anything that can encourage a loyal following is worth exploring, and if you find that it doesn't work for you then there's no need to continue down that road.