By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

How to kill your online business by redesigning your website.

peteark

Banned
To clear a few things up

Tom, no you didn't ask me to spend time looking at your site, it does however highlight the kind of person I am in real life, I am sure if you do some reading on the things I have mentioned you will see where I am coming from. At least you had the decency to say thanks, this leads me on to the 'Troll' comment, this was born from a few years back when I spent days helping out Boxby only to be spoken to in a very harsh manner. Like I always say, where money is concerned you will always see the worst side of a persons personality.

, the clique I sort of made reference to did not include yourself, I certainly appreciate the support you have given me during my short stint here, like I said I wish the forum all the best in the future. The issues raised today are technical and emotive, hence I asked for some kind of proof from the designers, proof never received. I would hazard a guess I have been contacted by 200 people in the past 2 years, all having problems of some description with their site, well over 3/4 of these have been CMS related. I was once contacted by a Midlands based haulage company about their poor performing site, when their design team got wind of it they simply turned the site off, hence I always have an issue with ownership.

Peter, the French site I was relating to

francecasse.fr and car-scrapyards.co.uk

The duplicate content issues I raised are not between the 2 sites, but the internal content of the English version. I am unfamiliar with multi-lingual sites apart from we are currently designing a recruitment site in English, Portuguese and Polish....funnily enough in Drupal

Last edited by a moderator:
TomB

TomB

To clear a few things up

Tom, no you didn't ask me to spend time looking at your site, it does however highlight the kind of person I am in real life, I am sure if you do some reading on the things I have mentioned you will see where I am coming from. At least you had the decency to say thanks, this leads me on to the 'Troll' comment, this was born from a few years back when I spent days helping out Boxby only to be spoken to in a very harsh manner. Like I always say, where money is concerned you will always see the worst side of a persons personality.

That said Peter it doesn't give you the right to publicly call someone a troll, no matter what, That says more to me about what kind of person you are than the 20 minutes of free work.

I've worked for Boxby and found her to be plesant, polite and a pleasure to work for.

I am tired of this arguement now, its like a dog with a bone, i offered a site, your not happy.

Funny how you avoide your comment about not commenting on areas that are not your expertise.

Also if your design team are so wonderful, why does your own website use tables in the design?

Boxby

To clear a few things up
At least you had the decency to say thanks, this leads me on to the 'Troll' comment, this was born from a few years back when I spent days helping out Boxby only to be spoken to in a very harsh manner. Like I always say, where money is concerned you will always see the worst side of a persons personality.

OK this is now bordering slanderous. I have looked back through all my emails, my posts here, my PMs and at no point do I have any recollection of contacting any work from you. Maybe you offered a free survey of my sites perceived failings, with your suggestions for improvements, which i decided not to take up with you, but what ever, I have never paid you or requested from you 2 days work from you to "sort out my site".

Maybe you are a supplier that requires potential customers to unconditionally follow your recommendations unquestioningly (if that's a word :001_unsure:), I am not that type of customer, and if you (or any other designer/developer/printer/SEO/mechanic/dogsboddy/gardener etc) don't fill me with a feeling of credibility when I talk/PM/email you or read threads you post in, then I simply won't pursue any work with you. I don't have to justify that.

Placing work, and paying for it, means that you need to feel that you can have a good working relationship with the person in question.

I do with Tom, who did an excellent job, trying at least 2 different solutions, and bearing with us whilst my original developer got his knickers in a twist and Tom had to wait several weeks for the old developer to get things into a place where Tom could sign off.

Gordon N

Gordon N

I know, I know I should really leave this thread to die off - but there a couple of things that bother me here...

This of course only happens online, most of the online vermin have no stomach for face to face confrontation, especially not with a person who has fought on the front line in 3 wars and served this country well for most of his adult years.

Having spent the majority of my working life (until last year) as an engineer in the Royal Air Force serving on front line Tornado squadrons, I too have seen action in several conflicts in the Middle East. I have taken many things from my Armed Forces career that include understanding, listening to and working with other people. I have also learned that name calling and physical confrontation are unacceptable - a valuable lesson.

I may be knocking on a few doors when I make my annual pilgrimage to Scotland.

Hmm, what was that about personal attacks then - is that a threat or should I put the kettle on? ;) <<< Look it's a wink!!

Right, I really will drop this one now - sorry folks! :)

stuarty

Banned
I know, I know I should really leave this thread to die off .......Hmm, what was that about personal attacks then - is that a threat or should I put the kettle on? ;) <<< Look it's a wink!!....Right, I really will drop this one now - sorry folks! :)

Wow - I go away for a week and miss all the excitement. Feck!

You lot all need a holiday methinks :thumbup1: