By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

How do you sparkle the passion… ???

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

(Hey, first post in the new forum...cool)

Nothing great in our business or personal lives can be accomplished without passion… passion is the great facilitator… it gives us energy, it gives us courage, it gives us wings, it fires the imagination, it opens new vistas… passion is the fuel of quantum leaps… and the bridge to gigantic accomplishments...(I'm getting carried away here arn't I?):001_smile:

But, my question here is… how do you get passionate about things in your life to help you achieve or accomplish them, when the going seems tough?

stugster

stugster

That's a great post mate.

Targets! They do it for me!

I had a meeting with a business mentor from my university who was absolutely passionate about making money. All he had to do was receive the cheque or bank transfer and he was raring to go and make more.

Unfrortunately, that doesn't really happen for me. Although it's nice (obviously!) to make lots of money, I wouldn't say that's what drives me in my business.

Targets are what do it for me, and to achieve those targets and set a new, higher, and more demanding target to go and achieve makes me feel excited.

The target can be absolutely anything!

• Call up 100 small businesses
  • Get at least £1000 this month in Home sales
  • Get 5 new testimonials from clients
  • Contact 40 current clients to ensure theyr'e still happy
  • etc :)

D

Dizzydiza

It doesnt until I am under pressure. I could be doing so much creating just now but without the buyer at the end of it there is not the passion to complete a project. I love to see the delight on my customers face when I have created something that they have asked for, especially if it is customised. But to clarify having several orders on the go at once is when I work at my best by coming up with new designs etc. As we craft people say where is my mojo gone now? :(
To be truthful it is the money that gives me the sparkle to do my best creative projects.....flash the cash and I will give you the best sparkle I can muster. To quote a famous actor......gimme the money, gimme the money ;)

nothing does

nothing does

Good client feedback always gives me the greatest lift (the money is good too). When a job is finished and you get a great 'thank you' message, it takes some beating. Positive feedback from anybody never fails to give me a buzz and make me realise why I started this in the first place.

Failing that..... alcohol ;)

alanbold

Sometimes I think I should jump back into the corporate world and take the easy cash but when i see that a client loves my work it really lifts me. I guess I was most proud when a young I.T. technician I mentored for a few years left a company we worked for and at his leaving party speech thanked me for being a great boss which was nice but I also realized that I had helped this young shy lad get a lift up in his career, which lifted me no end. So we are nearly all in business to make money but very often my biggest satisfaction comes from elsewhere.
Mind you a big fat cheque is nice too.

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

Guys, thanks for all the answers their.....really useful...I encourage others to read them and apply them to themselves and their businesses.

D

Dizzydiza

Going off on a slight tangent with this thread...sorry Gordon but there's a clue in my nick name about me and what I am like. Yes I am motivated by money.... I could remember it was a Tom Cruise film but I couldn't remember the name of it till I did my usual. I googled it. And guess what?....It's "show me the money, show me the money" in the Jerry Maguire film and not gimme the money :001_rolleyes:

M

Mark Lister

I can sympathise Dizzy - being shown the money's all very well, but being given it does have that something extra ;0)

I just love the moments when someone I'm coaching suddenly gets that what they want to be true, is. Last week I was coaching a lovely guy who's fantastic at what he does, but feels tied to his company. Then came a moment when he realised that he really could start up his own practice. It had just been a pipe dream to him till that moment. In the month and a half we'd been working together he'd not even mentioned it. Now it's the big goal we're working towards. The best thing about it is seeing a previously-hidden part of that person emerge, as if from a shell.

I love those moments - as we say, Shift Happens.

Latest Posts