By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Heard of the Real Time Information (RTI) system yet?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

A really good article below for Businesszone regarding the implementation of a new HMRC system centred around employers payroll (PAYE/NI etc). You've probably not heard much about this yet and I certainly know from experience that most people kind of look at me with a blank stare :p

More information at the link below.

http://www.businesszone.co.uk/topic/technology/you-re-probably-not-ready-rti/36328

I have to say this is probably something thats been needed for ages. I guess the big bug bear with this will be employers trusting HMRC to implement this and operate it well.

Thoughts and comments welcome :)

johnmessingham

johnmessingham

"Furthermore, the introduction of RTI will mean either the simplification – or even abolition – of the P45 and P46 forms. Instead, HMRC will be responsible for dealing with company leavers and joiners, with only basic notifications from employers."

Sounds like another coding fiasco in the making.