By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Funding Circle

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

This seems like a good idea in theory, because obviously there are a lot of businesses that are struggling to find the money to start up - but do you have any reviews for the service? Is it properly governed? I think this kind of lending is a bit more risky than the banks, but obviously a little more accessible.

B

Branded Merchandise

It's an interesting concept but I'm surprised so many people invest into these businesses. It says there's around 29,000 people who have invested so far. Fair play to them but I do wonder how many of them make a return!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

It's an interesting concept but I'm surprised so many people invest into these businesses. It says there's around 29,000 people who have invested so far. Fair play to them but I do wonder how many of them make a return!

I really, really need to read more into it, because I'm sure there must be some kind of protection for investors, but to me it does seem risky. That being said, other investment options are unattractive at the moment due to low interest rates, so maybe more people are just thinking what the heck and going for it!

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
I have used Funding Circle and it is the slickest, easiest and quickest funding service I have ever used.