By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Facebook Advertising Vs Google Adwords?

Which do you prefer?

• Facebook advertising

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Google Adwords

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Allegrif

Allegrif

Which do you prefer and why?

Personally I've had much better results from using Facebook than Google, so I'm curious to see if anyone has experiences the opposite.

S

Steve Gibson

I came up with a rule of thumb: imagine this was 1995, how would your business sell your products/services?

If you would sell in shops or with catalogues, then Adwords would probably suit you. On the other hand, if you'd use direct mail or telemarketing, then facebook would probably suit.*

So, in your case, as a web developer, I'm not surprised you get better results from facebook.

Steve

* In both cases, assuming your average visitor value is higher than your cost per click.

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

I agree, facebook is also far easier to control than Google which is a lot more rigid and less user friendly. Facebook is the Rolls Royce of internet advertising in my opinion.

M

Markey24

Indeed it was such a nice post. I truly liked reading this informative post. I think FB ads and Google Adwords Management campaign both are very beneficial for the business owners. These online campaigns can get huge number of targeted audience to your blogs and websites.

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
I think FB ads prbably give you more scope to focus who reads your ads but Google has the larger market. Done correctly, if I had to choose one it would probably be FB ads.

Canary Dwarf

Canary Dwarf

The fundamental difference between the two is that Facebook puts the ads in front of people that fit certain criteria. Google puts the ads in front of people who are actively searching for things. That makes a huge difference to how you deploy them and therefore you shouldn't have a preference. It's horses for courses.

Needhelp

Needhelp

One fundament questions has to be - who actually clicks on the ads?

Have you? I have not clicked on an ad for a long long time. Maybe I have become ad blind?

Businessman

Businessman

Personally I neither use nor particularly approve of either of those platforms. However, its important to appreciate that some advertising exists for the purpose of establishing 'presence' rather than necessarily precipitating a response to the CTA.

Canary Dwarf

Canary Dwarf

@Needhelp, I am a sucker for ads and I click on them all the time, but working in the business, I am also acutely aware that both Facebook and Google ad space is competitive and hard to master. Campaign performances differ from product to product., but one that I'm running at the moment is currently costing the client 85p per click and converting at around 50% and paying £50 a pop.

selfemployed

selfemployed

Wow, that is a nice return @Canary Dwarf !

I also agree with @Matt Quinn that visually adverts do allow you to build a brand name at very little cost. I read someone that it takes anything from 3 to 5 visits to your site before someone has the confidence to buy.

Google ads have never worked for me in the past and I have not really tried FB ads but I think they are perhaps better focused than Google ads.

M

Markey24

Well, it’s true! But effective and good keywords can also help in shooting up your business. I have tried both the Google Adwords Management and advertisement on Facebook and I have seen equivalent results, it all depends upon the good content and keywords.

B

Brandon Kooper

I've found Google AdWords to be more effective for my business compared to Facebook advertising. The targeting options and engagement on Google seem to yield better results for me.

Adam NN

Adam NN

Obviously, the main differences are that on Facebook you can use an audiovisual component in advertising.

C

Chloe25

i recommend Facebook for Advertising, as you can promote images, Videos.