By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Email server

• Thread starter Power Lunch Club
  • Start date
Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

I do a fair amount of email marketing from my little laptop...and I know this isn't the best.

Should I be thinking about an Email Server or an oline service like Constant Contact?

Regards

Gordon
PLC

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Gordon,

I'm a big believer in third party software as they have a much better chance of ensuring deliverability as well as managing bounces and unsubscribes better. The stats that I get with my package are really useful and help me to track open rates etc.

I did use CC for a while and it's a very good system but it's not a complete system. I now use Email Marketing & Surveying Software - iContact and have done for over a year. In addition to the email marketing it also allow you to create autoresponders and deploy surveys which I dont think CC does. I've also heard good things about aweber but Icontact works for me and at $25 per month is more than affordable.

There are a few good systems and I guess what i'm saying is pick the one that suits you and has all the features you need :)

Idea15

Idea15

Gordon,

I have to put in a shameless plug for myself as a CC affiliate...

Get in touch if you want to talk about the particulars of the programme or pricing.

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

Gordon,

I have to put in a shameless plug for myself as a CC affiliate...

Get in touch if you want to talk about the particulars of the programme or pricing.

(not sure I sent this earlier)

Thanks Heather,

I'll give you a call on Friday morning...much appreciated

Gordon
PLC

Gordon N

Gordon N

Neil, that's just not on....

1] The 'affiliate' link in a forum - tut tut! ;)

and

2] The holiday - way to rub it in - not fair! :)

Now do yourself a favour, your on holiday so get off the forums and grab a beer - I know I would (in fact it's Cyprus - so make it a brandy sour!)

Regards,

Gordon

alanbold

Ive been using mailchimp which is excellent and it is run by the same people who do monkey survey which is also very good.

Neil

Neil

Neil, that's just not on....

1] The 'affiliate' link in a forum - tut tut! ;)

and

2] The holiday - way to rub it in - not fair! :)

Now do yourself a favour, your on holiday so get off the forums and grab a beer - I know I would (in fact it's Cyprus - so make it a brandy sour!)

Regards,

Gordon

Banged to rights govnor,

However I have no problem promoting something I use on a regular basis. In fact I advocate it with people that I work with. Spamming with random affiliate links is not something I support.

One of the best way of developing your business is to work with others in the business and co promote each other. There is never a problem with this so long as you 100% stand behind what you are promoting and with Aweber I have used them for a number of years now and so have many of the people I have worked with.

On the holiday front I have been diving around Cyprus and Black Rock Dive centre is pretty cool. Off to Dive on the Zenobia Wreck off Larnika on Friday.
Black Rock Dive Centre : Cyprus Introduction
Can't drink beer all the time or brandy sours as I have had a few. Always some time to catch up on things.