By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Can anybody recommend a solicitor for business sale?

N

Nick1

I've been listing my business for sale with an agent for a little while, but I've terminated our agreement as I now realise that they hopelessly overvalued the business and their final fee was way too high in relation to the realistic business value.

I now intend to market the business for sale myself, but recognise that I'll need a solicitor to deal with the transfer of lease (and no doubt many other things I haven't htought of!).

Would anybody care to recommend a suitable solicitor? (in Edinburgh)

Thanks

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Nick,

A number of my clients have used HBJ Gately Wareing for these types of transactions in the past. The dealing I had with them were always very positive. :)

HBJ Gateley Wareing

Hopefully that is of some use but good luck with your search and i'm sure some others will be on to make recommendations soon.

Employment Law Services

Employment Law Services

EmployEasily Legal Services
Richard Leggatt of Campbell Riddel Breeze Patterson is very good. He's works out of their Milngavie office and be contacted on 0141 956 5454.

N

Nick1

Thanks, I've had a quick look at your site and it's your sister site bizsale that would be the one for me.

I'll fill out the relevant details over the weekend.

Business Upside

Business Upside

You do not have to use a solicitor to sell a business; though, it is extremely commended that you use one. Selling a business is an extremely multifaceted procedure and a lawyer will aid you organize the business for sale by safeguarding all agreements with clienteles, dealers and workforces are up to date.