By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Business Cards

Brian McIntosh

Hi All,

After reading other threads on business cards I've decided to revamp mine as my wee pile is running out. I've got a design in mind which I could probably knock up in Photoshop but I need advice as to the best way to save them for printing. I believe the standard size is 85mm x 55mm with a 3mm bleed. In Photoshop I can save in practically any format so which one is best? I'm looking for good quality so if anyone has any samples they could let me see I would be grateful.

TomB

TomB

it depends on who you are using to print them, most printers have their preferred format for artwork.

One of the printers I use likes a pdf with CMYK and text converted to paths, whilst another like the file in eps formats.

I've PM you a sample of a recent client business card proof from the printers that just came back, its a 90mm x 55mm with 3mm bleed.

T

Brian McIntosh

most places that I've looked at have a minimum order. I suppose anything between 250 and 500 depending on price. I suppose I'll have to buy a few more so everyone gets one at the meet up on the 7th!!

Brian

For short run printing i've used a company called Egraphic who have been great. I've found it hard to find a good quality and cost effective printer in Scotland. Willing to be enlightened though.

Brian IFA

stugster

stugster

I'm a printing.com man, but I'm slowly considering the idea of going to a smaller business to get better prices.

Brian McIntosh

What I'm looking for is good quality first with price coming second. I've got a drawer of business cards from other people and most of them are either badly designed, poor quality, printed at home and that's not to mention my current ones which aren't very great. I'll have a look at the links supplied and let you know how I get on. Thanks for all the advice.

V

visagephoto

I use "The Ink Shop" for all my printing, The last lot I ordered cost me