By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

BBC iPlayer - Any good?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Folks,

The BBC iPlayer seems to be getting rave reviews. For the people that haven't heard of it it's essentially a catch up tv service for BBC programmes.

BBC iPlayer - Home

Has anybody actually used it? What's your thoughts on it? :)

nothing does

nothing does

I've never used it. I don't watch that much TV anyway but I might take a look as I missed a show the other night I fancied watching.

nothing does

nothing does

Just tried it. Great clear pic and no buffering problems.

Oh dear there go my evenings ;-)

Brian McIntosh

I've used it since the beta version. I think it's brilliant. It used to be downloads only but with a fast connection it also streams. Give it a go , you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
TomB

TomB

I really like it, the downloads are relatively quick and the quality is quite good, useful for programmes that you've missed.

I downloaded an episode of Doctor Who which was 650mb and it downloaded in about 15 minutes ish i think it was.

I think i'm a fan yes!

T

alanbold

You dont have to download if you are watching on your computer, you can just watch the streaming video which works really well.

T

Terry

I have used it practically every day since it came out and have noticed it has been a bit flaky over the last week. Not loading at all, some particular videos not loading. I know a bunch of the isps have been whining about the bandwidth it is taking up so I do wonder if there will be a backlash eventually.