By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Apprenticeship after GCSEs or A-Levels?

Jamie

Jamie

Did/would you do your Apprenticeship straight after GCSEs or A-Levels?

Ryan

I did it about 8 months after my GCSEs. Whilst I'm not a fan of summer holidays and that, Im glad I didn't go straight into one as It obviously is a massive reality check, especially from dossing about at school to working full time in a professional environment

I

Ian Wincote...

I am in year 10 atm but am doing my GCSE's a year earlier. Not too sure what I will be doing in year 11 tbh. Maybe AS levels.

Ryan

I am in year 10 atm but am doing my GCSE's a year earlier. Not too sure what I will be doing in year 11 tbh. Maybe AS levels.
Do your whole school do that or is it the classes that are in the more advanced groups?

A local school near me is getting about 70% of children in year 10 to take GCSEs early. Crazy!!

Ryan

Our school did GCSEs in Year 10 too.
The problem is, whilst it's brilliant for young people to get qualifications, they're making it too easy so everyone is going to be going for the same jobs, with the same qualifications!

Could do more harm in the long run than good