By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Anyone Know Of A Good, Cheap, Reliable Registrar?

Businessman

Businessman

Apologies for this possibly being in not-quite the right section... Gremlins!

For many years I've used Easily to register and administer my domain names. changes to their systems and tactics over the past few days however, mean they'll be losing me as a customer! I'm finding their pricing a bit ripe too!

Does anyone know of a good cheap reliable registrar - UK based of course, preferably Scottish. Obviously any company in the Netnames group is out of the running.

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
I have used Namecheap, GoDaddy (the name gives me the creeps lol) and Moniker in the past - Namecheap has been the easiest to use, Moniker by far and away the worst.

Businessman

Businessman

GoDaddy I don't fancy - yeah; the name gives me the creeps too! Not heard of namecheap; but I'll look into them. Really upset with Easily, I've been with them 18 years without any real issues! their new system seems to be a complete mess!

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
Namecheap is cheap and cheerful - no bells or whistles but easy place to park your domains and simply point to your nameservers.

GoDaddy must be the worst name ever from a PR standpoint - really does give me the creeps lol

Businessman

Businessman

Bells or whistles aren't required... I just need the names parked and pointed really. - Really disappointed with Easily, they seem to have gone down the road of robotic support workers and not giving a toss about loyalty/service; greedy barstewards too! £18 to renew a .com for a year! Namecheap seem to be asking about $10! - I'll need to do some reading, the first of mine expires at the end of March, so I'll transfer them one at a time. - It's a pity, I'd rather have given the work to a UK company, but, hey-ho! Why pay more?

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
I have used Namecheap in the past with no dramas and, as you quite rightly say, all registrars seem to be foreign-owned today. How many websites do you have to park at a registrars?

Businessman

Businessman

There are about a dozen or so domains... The actual hosting is elsewhere.

selfemployed

selfemployed

How did yo get on Matt - did you find a suitable registrar?

Businessman

Businessman

Moving cautiously on this one... The first of my names transfers out at the end of March; at the moment it's looking like Namecheap.

Latest Posts