By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Advertising on Linkedin

Smiths1972

Smiths1972

I'd love to hear from others about your experience with placing ads on Linkedin. Did it work for you? Did it help generate many leads?

E

Employer

I have looked at LinkedIn adverts from time to time and I think the only way they work as if they are highly highly focused. Taking a scattergun approach to any form of advertising is a disaster waiting to happen especially in the current competitive climate. I would rather have 10 leads from 10 customers who have a genuine interest in my products rather than 100 leads from individuals with no interest in what I sell.

Smiths1972

Smiths1972

100% agree. That's the beauty of linkedin, it really lets you hone in on your demographic. We've set up a test campaign ready to roll out on Monday so fingers crossed.

Needhelp

Needhelp

Would you mind publishing the basic figures, without going into any commercial detail, of your LinkedIn advertising campaign sometime next week?

L

lookingforadvice

I would also be interested in seeing how advertising on LinkedIn works for you. I often see the adverts but so far I have resisted the temptation to pour more money into marketing as I have had my fingers burnt in the past.

Smiths1972

Smiths1972

Feedback... not a good time to market for our industry at present so have paused the campaign. We will wait until business are getting back to normality, which still isnt generally the case for our clients.

L

lookingforadvice

Could you remind us what your business is? Personally I think it is a very difficult time for businesses to advertise online. You may well benefit from having your name in front of people, as and when they begin to spend again, but this could be some time off and you may need to spend a significant amount of money for no immediate return.

Needhelp

Needhelp

I would also be interested to learn how your LinkedIn advertising campaign went. I have looked at numerous advertising opportunities but after getting my fingers burnt with Google AdWords some time ago I am extremely cautious.

E

Employer

I would be interested to see your top five advertising opportunities for online businesses. I wonder if we all see things in the same way or from different angles?

zwilliam

zwilliam

I'd love to hear from others about your experience with placing ads on Linkedin. Did it work for you? Did it help generate many leads?

When you fix a specific target to achieve so you will get more positive response rather than a simply advertising on platform. Are you really targeting the audience who are interested in your product or services you providing?

P

pmorris

I've had excellent results with LinkedIn, but on a mixed sponsored Ads + InMail campaign.

Business Upside

Business Upside

LinkedIn is the best resource available online. LinkedIn is the biggest social networking platform for professionals with over 774+ million users from over 200 countries and territories. LinkedIn is a social networking site that is geared towards professionals connections. To know more click on this link: https://businessupside.com/2021/10/19/a-case-study-on-linkedin/

Maryko

Maryko

I completely agree with LiamPullman. Instagram is more focused on business promotion. Linkedin is good to find to find employees or partners.

M

Markypro

I occasionally browse through LinkedIn ads and have come to the conclusion that they only work when they are highly targeted. In today's competitive environment, a scattergun approach to advertising is a recipe for disaster. I prefer having 10 leads from 10 customers who are genuinely interested in my products, rather than 100 leads from people who have no interest in what I offer. Quality over quantity is key.