By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

You heard it here first...

Brian McIntosh

I managed to accidentally hear a gig by a group called The Hazey Janes on Saturday. They were playing in Dundee and I managed to get some shots in the process. They played a fantastic gig and they supported the Levellers on Saturday night. They have a myspace page, and if i could insert links i would link to it. They're from Dundee so it's good to support local talent.

Brian McIntosh

It's not something i would listen to either. I'm more an American Hardcore Punk man myself but they were excellent.

It's not that I can't post links, it's more I don't know how to .

Last edited by a moderator:
frockery

frockery

Th Hazey Janes are a good wee band and my daughter knows them. I am one of their MySpace friends. :)

nothing does

nothing does

It's not something i would listen to either. I'm more an American Hardcore Punk man myself but they were excellent.

It's not that I can't post links, it's more I don't know how to .
Now that's interesting. Are we talking Black Flag, Husker Du etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
frockery

frockery

Alison, I'm impressed!! I would be one of their friends as well but I couldn't be bothered with all this myspace stuff. :cool:
I must confess to having a personal MySpace account, a business one and a music one for my band (posting that link would be a step too far :D)

It's fairly easy to collect friends but you have to be selective. ;)

I have generally found the social networking sites to be useful for my business and get a bit of traffic via facebook and MySpace, mostly from the younger set.

Brian McIntosh

I'm more into the "oldschool" hardcore bands like Sick of it All, Madball, Agnostic Front and yes, Blackflag. There are some good bands coming through the ranks like Shai Hulud and Indecision. I managed to catch SOIA at The Cathouse in Glasgow a few years ago. What a night.

Alison, get the link up. :D

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
and a music one for my band (posting that link would be a step too far :D)
It is now my life-long ambition to find your band and have it play at the next SBF meet-up!

As for really good bands, have a peek at Fallen Angels - Sporeggar (EU)

And, if you've got 99p (or whatever it is),download: "Save it for Your Friends" by the Common Redstarts.

frockery

frockery

It is now my life-long ambition to find your band and have it play at the next SBF meet-up!
Now that would involve buying me (and the rest of the band) lots of pints of lager. :D

If I said John Otway tribute band, would that put you off?

We do have some fans in the form of Edinburgh band The Axidents who seem to appreciate our 'Stairlift to Heaven' genre and are fellow fans of Eddie & The Hot Rods.

And Graeme Douglas from the Kursall Flyers, who wrote the Hot Rods' 'Do Anything You Wanna Do' (which we cover exceptionally badly) is one of our MySpace friends (though he can't quite bring himself to confess to being a fan).