By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Would you use and SBF Approved badge?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Just thinking out loud here about maybe trying to add a little value to our users. I was thinking of maybe launching an SBF badge that could be displayed on your site showing that you're a trusted (probably not the best word!) user and business of SBF. Obviously we would only allow people to use this who had a certain amount of posts etc but rather than jumping in and doing it I wondered if I could get your thoughts.

Would you be happy to put such a badge on your site or do you think the whole idea is pretty naff? :)

Adventurelife

Adventurelife

Naff I am afraid . We are all members of many networking sites so if we put up badges of them all it would be a bit strange.

Also what one persons impression of a networking site is can be very different from someone else and businesses would be brave to try to guess peoples impressions.

Last edited by a moderator:
johnthesearcher

johnthesearcher

Hi

Just returning to the forum after a bit of a lay off for health reasons but now catching up

Unfortunately, I would agree with Peter's points above.

I mean how would you be able to 'police' the accurate representation of the badge unless it was unique and personalised to each validated subscriber to the scheme.

Also, if it was done on the number of posts wouldn't that create a tier system in that people who may contribute excellent quality post responses but are not actually as active as others on the site. It may even force them away and decrease the forum members and contribution.

I, personally think that the forum is an excellent representation of the scottish business sector, a great medium for new start up ventures to tap into the more experienced members and currently is still growing.

Just my thoughts.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagle

Eagle

I'd agree with John - it's a fine idea in principle but would be too much work to manage (police?) in practice.

Mark :)

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

THanks for the comments chaps. It's fair to say this idea won't get off the drawing board :p

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking