By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Would You Recommend An Accountant To A Part Time Freelancer?

St Rhenium

St Rhenium

I probably make around £200 per week from writing on a freelance basis, but it isn't a full time job. I don't really have any expenses, but accounting on the whole confuses me a bit. Would it be worth me going with an accountant for security, or should I try and get it all figured out myself and save the money?

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

I probably make around £200 per week from writing on a freelance basis, but it isn't a full time job. I don't really have any expenses, but accounting on the whole confuses me a bit. Would it be worth me going with an accountant for security, or should I try and get it all figured out myself and save the money?

A book is only going to cost you £10 or so, and if you invest a few hours into reading it you should be fine. However at £10,000/year, hiring an account for 1/2 hours just to smooth out the edges once you're done can't hurt.

St Rhenium

St Rhenium

By book here do you mean an actual, physical book or is that some accounting term? (This is how far my accounting knowledge goes :rolleyes:)

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

By book here do you mean an actual, physical book or is that some accounting term? (This is how far my accounting knowledge goes :rolleyes:)

No, I meant a physical book, but given use of the term 'book' in accountancy I can forgive you for being confused. I simply meant read through a guide aimed at people starting their own business.

J

Jaycee

Finding a reliable writing service was a breeze thanks to Expert Reviews at LinkedIn. The community's collective wisdom pointed me towards quality, ensuring my project was in expert hands.

B

Brandon Kooper

Yes, absolutely. An accountant can provide valuable guidance on taxes, deductions, and financial planning, ensuring compliance and maximizing savings.

Adam NN

Adam NN

In your case, it’s better to calculate everything yourself, it’s not so difficult, besides, now there are applications in which you can easily and quickly enter data and then have all the statistics and graphs of how much, when and where it went.