By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Would You Have Your Eggs Frozen ??

M

Mike Turner

I think this is worrying. I hope that women who choose this route will be properly told about the risks as well as the benefits. And what happens if you leave the company? What happens to your eggs then? Are the companies going to be able to have a hold over women who choose to take this option?

Edward Obi

Edward Obi

Director, HR Consultancy
The American companies are pioneering it in America. It is a huge debate in Europe so its a wait and see what happens attitude. My advise would be that women should look at the overall bigger picture.

M

Mike Turner

The American companies are pioneering it in America. It is a huge debate in Europe so its a wait and see what happens attitude. My advise would be that women should look at the overall bigger picture.
Definitely. It's not the procedure that I am 'against' in and of itself, it's more the question of what happens if the woman leaves it too late anyway? It's not just fertility; women may find that they're less able to cope if they're 20 years older than other new mums, it's like a whole generation! Some women are leaving it until their 40s, at which point lots of other women are becoming grandparents, never mind parents for the first time.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I would have them frozen because I think it's a decent back-up plan, but I still wouldn't want to leave it as late as some people who decide to choose their career, because then I think it may never happen, and that could be something that you regret for the rest of your life.

L

Lauren Turner

I wouldn't because I don't like the thought of any kind of invasive procedures, however silly that might sound. But I do see why some women would go for it, and of course I hope it works for them if they choose to go for it.

P

Pete Brindle

I think it is a good thing that women are given the option to do this from the people who they work for but at the same time I just hope they're being told all of the important information about how it is done, what the process involves, and any kind of time limits on age that they might be waiting for, and things like that.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I think it is a good thing that women are given the option to do this from the people who they work for but at the same time I just hope they're being told all of the important information about how it is done, what the process involves, and any kind of time limits on age that they might be waiting for, and things like that.
This is the main thing that I worry about with it, because women are putting off having children for the sake of their careers as it is, so all they need is another reason to believe that they have longer than they really do, and then there's nothing really that they can do about it once it's too late. It would be a shame for people to miss out on what most people see as a key stage in their lives.

M

Mike Turner

This is the main thing that I worry about with it, because women are putting off having children for the sake of their careers as it is, so all they need is another reason to believe that they have longer than they really do, and then there's nothing really that they can do about it once it's too late. It would be a shame for people to miss out on what most people see as a key stage in their lives.
Women are able to have a career after they've had children. You see people of pensionable age going to university these days. People are often living for 30 years after retirement, so if they choose to do something with their lives career-wise then, why not? Career can be returned to whenever (within reason) but there is an absolute definite time limit on having children that quite simply cannot be ignored.

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking