By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

WordPress or Magento

H

holbrookged

I have been told so many things about both but which should i choose and just as importantly why?

Adam

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Typically when discussing the requirments between the two it would depend on the business and what needs and budget that business has.

Woocommerce I always recommend to those with a budget of less than £15,000 and a smaller range of products and variations.

Likewise if there is going to be a need to customise or have special functions its worth weighing up those future needs, as Magento developement and custom addons cost alot more to purchase and to support than their Woocommerce equivalents.

Other aspects such as SEO, quaunty of products, PCI compliance requirements, card processing requirements all need to be considered so its often a case of assessing each case/store to come to the conclusion.

What platform are you siding with ? What do you think your main requirements budget ranges maybe ?

I

IamDonna

Hello,
Choosing an eCommerce platform depends upon your requirement and business goals because each platform has its own limitations, pros, cons.

There is no doubt that Magento is scalable and more powerful than WooCommerce. But there is also downsize of Magento like it is a complicated solution, and you would need a team of developers to manage and run it smoothly, even its ready-made modules are expensive. If you can handle that then go for Magento or else WooCommerce.

Here is Why?
  • Easy to customize, you can change as much as you want.
  • Development and maintenance costs are comparatively lower than Magento & Shopify.
  • Thousands of plugins and themes are available.
  • Community support is greater, so you won't get stuck at any time.
  • 100+ integrations with other systems are available.
  • More SEO friendly.
Later if you decide to move on B2B eCommerce then you simply add B2B functionality by adding B2B specific plugins
Like,
and many more plugins available on WooCommerce

Do let me you know if you need more guidance regarding WooCommerce

Thanks

selfemployed

selfemployed

Verified Member
I have always been a WordPress man but that is because its all I have ever really known since I started out online. Do you have a questionnaire type post which might point newbies in the direction of the right software package for them?

A lot of small businesses going online for the first time wont have a clue where to look and which packages are best for them