By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Wordpress Designer Theme

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
A little bit more expensive but there are some companies who will do bespoke themes - unique to you :)

Steven

Steven

When I build for clients, I always use a premiu theme, i use divi by elegant themes, well worth it, as you can build anything using the builders.

selfemployed

selfemployed

You only get one chance to showcase your services - if visitors see a poor website they will simply leave and not come back. It is a false economy to go cheap and cheerful as opposed to classy and professional.

Steven

Steven

agreed, the issue with the webdev market just now is, people are killing the industry with cheap poor websites with a race to the bottom on pricing.

selfemployed

selfemployed

I have found a designer and coder for my sites and while not the cheapest I know his work is always going to be top class. At the end of the day you get what you pay for :)

Businessman

Businessman

I have my own photography business and badly need to set up a website. I discovered some premium wp themes here https://www.templatemonster.com/category/design-photography-wordpress-themes/ . Are they worth the money? Who has used them for their sites?
Let's turn that one on its head...

'I have my own web design business and badly need some photography done. I discovered Tescos were selling cameras for fifty quid. Are they worth the money?'

The point being that there is rather more to credible, professional, commercial photography than taking a picture. Buyers of creative services tend to be quite 'savvy' and will spot a template site a mile off. It won't necessarily 'kill' your sale, but it will 'place' your services in the buyer's mind. It would be better to find and work with a competent web designer who;

i) Doesn't undermine other CI professionals by pretending to be a 'Jack of all trades' (the classic mark of the charlatan)
ii) Doesn't want you to sell your house to pay their fees
iii) Will probably collaborate with you on future projects
iv) Will keep you up to speed on all the hidden pitfalls of having/managing a website

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking