By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Wireless Calendar Synching - Is this possible?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi All,

This maybe a pipedream but does anyone know a way of synching by Blackberry calendar with Google calendar. I'm almost sure Google allows this in the US but I dont think it's available in the uk. Am I the only one who would find this really useful?

Just now I access the google calendar by using my web browser but it would be great if it did it automatically. Is this possible?

:)

PC

PC

goosync.com will have the answer I'm sure though you have to pay for the service

L

lofty

yeh always check google 1st. usually get answers on 1st page :D

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Most of these options I have come accross before but i've never managed to get any of them to work. Goosync is a new one on me and i've spent around 3 hours today tring to get syncML and complicated stuff working without any success :(

I shall plod on though as I want to get something that works. Does anybody actually use anything like this that is actually stable and working?

Brian

Hi ,

I'd be interested in finding out if you got this working. I'm mobile most of the time but it would be great if our office staff could update my calendar while i'm out of the office. Keep me posted please!

brian

Last edited by a moderator:
PC

PC

Hi ,

I use goosync to sync my googel calendars with my Nokia N95 phone and I've never had any problems with it. It sync's the calendars (3 of them) and my contacts.

SyncML is built along the same lines as goosync but goosync automagically configures the device whereas you need to do it manually for syncml.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Richard,

I'm happy to report that i've had this working for a few days now and it's fab. I've now got people adding things to my calendar and then me being able to sync whenever I want. You are correct in that I needed to buy syncml software but for the price it costs versus the convenience it's well worth it.

Nice to know also that it works with the N95 as I have two people I know will want it who both use N95's.

Thanks again for pointing me to goosync as I dont think I would have found it otherwise :)

PC

PC

Hi Richard,

I'm happy to report that i've had this working for a few days now and it's fab. I've now got people adding things to my calendar and then me being able to sync whenever I want. You are correct in that I needed to buy syncml software but for the price it costs versus the convenience it's well worth it.

Nice to know also that it works with the N95 as I have two people I know will want it who both use N95's.

Thanks again for pointing me to goosync as I dont think I would have found it otherwise :)

Glad to have been of service :cool: