By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Why Start A Business - Great Infographic

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Here's a great infographic from Smarta with some great stats about why people start businesses.

What was the main reason you started yours?

barry100

barry100

I was always in to coding - I was working in the building trade as a stone mason/brickie and was sick of it so I turned my hand to the other skill I had and now have almost 200 web design clients on my books.. Didnt happen over night though.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I think the part about being made redundant is growing in this economy, because people have to think outside the box in order to survive. I have seen a lot of people make huge businesses after a set back, and it is wonderful to see. I for one have chosen to be self employed because I knew that it was the way that I was the most likely to make money.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Gemma,

It's funny how many times you come across people who only decide to do something on their own after a major setback. I just wish more people would have the confidence to go for it and it's really one of the major reason why our sites exist to show people that starting a business is not on possible but can bring with out lots more freedom. Yes it's hard work but you're doing it for yourself and when you have that motivation alot of the time it doesn't even feel like work :)