By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Why are visitors not converting to leads?

ScottyD

ScottyD

Hi everyone,

I have a business that offers training on data analysis products like Microsoft Power BI, Excel's Power Pivot & Power Query etc.

I am using Microsoft Ads to promote my business. However, very few of the clicks are turning into queries. I am at a loss to understand why.

The adwords I am using a relevant to my website and looking at the search terms that people are using to find my page, they are valid in terms of what we do. I think our website is decent (I've certainly seen worse!) and my research indicates that our pricing is comparable to my competitors.

But if I look at the last 30 days on Microsoft Ads, I have had 433 clicks and just 1 enquiry! That's terrible! It's costing me money and I am not getting the value from it.

I'd really appreciate some third party impressions on our website. If you could spare a few minutes to give me your thoughts on why you think we might not be getting enquiries, I'd be very grateful!

Here is a link to our most popularly clicked on advert: https://www.dataskills.co/Excel_Pivot_Tables_Virtual_Training

Thanks in advance!

Matt Rumbelow

Matt Rumbelow

Hi, so the first thing I might say is that the landing page could be a little overpowering, and doesn't make it clear what the Call to Action is. The one green button is pretty hidden away, trying moving it to the 'above the fold' (ATF) space at the top of the page.

Also, could you post what the ad would look like? Maybe a lot of people who clicked were hoping for a free course, or were expecting something else.

Also also, are you tracking clicks? I'd like to know if people clicked the button, but didn't complete the form, or if they watched the video, but didn't do anything else. You can also track if people scrolled, which would be helpful. If no one scrolled, it might be the ATF content that's the problem.

Overall, CPC does have a low rate of success compared to organic, but there certainly are ways to improve it.

ScottyD

ScottyD

Hi Matt, thank you very much for the input. I will take what you said and make some changes. In terms of the ads, I have attached a "regular" and mobile view of one of the ads. This is the one that links to the pivot tables training course.

Again, thanks for taking the time to answer!Microsoft Ads 1.jpg
Microsoft Ads 1 Mobile view.jpg

Matt Rumbelow

Matt Rumbelow

Okay, seems like it's a good ad that explains what the person will get, so there shouldn't be any bounces based on someone expecting something for free.

I'd definitely try some of the layout/aesthetic stuff first. Move the CTA button, swap the review with the video. Try stuff like that, one at a time, week by week, and see if the numbers shift.

Maybe down the line you could also experiment with giving away the first hour of the course for free?... But I think the design choices will be the best things to start with, rather than anything drastic. Look forward to hearing how it goes and glad I could help!

J

John Sanchez

Try with simpler words for the ads, with precise keywords that powerup the search and the click from the future client.

Koler

Koler

Most probably your website is not attracting new leads. Or your promotion is set for the wrong auditory

flyingchris

flyingchris

Hi everyone,

I have a business that offers training on data analysis products like Microsoft Power BI, Excel's Power Pivot & Power Query etc.

I am using Microsoft Ads to promote my business. However, very few of the clicks are turning into queries. I am at a loss to understand why.

The adwords I am using a relevant to my website and looking at the search terms that people are using to find my page, they are valid in terms of what we do. I think our website is decent (I've certainly seen worse!) and my research indicates that our pricing is comparable to my competitors.

But if I look at the last 30 days on Microsoft Ads, I have had 433 clicks and just 1 enquiry! That's terrible! It's costing me money and I am not getting the value from it.

I'd really appreciate some third party impressions on our website. If you could spare a few minutes to give me your thoughts on why you think we might not be getting enquiries, I'd be very grateful!

Here is a link to our most popularly clicked on advert:

Thanks in advance!
It could be the "page is not found" status on the link you are sharing, but seriously, I take it you moved the page URL? The speed of your site was a bit slow to load and that can kill conversion before anything else. Ensure your server is hosted in your own backyard. You wouldn't want a server in the UK and then have customers in the US.

Okdar

Okdar

Try with simpler words for the ads, with precise keywords that powerup the search and the click from the future client.

Latest Posts