By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Which is best WordPress SEO plugin?

A

aishley

Hi,
I'm building a WordPress site and want to install a plugin for SEO and indexing purpose. I'm confused between Yoast and Rankmath, which will be good to use?

Adam

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Yoast is to bloated and It's rare id recommend it to anyone, Rankmath is ok but contains alot of features and tools which may or may not be better served as individial tools if/when required.

It depends on your need for ease of use and things like traffic light systems for content or whether you are the more advanced user.

All in one SEO pack is still a nice lightweight solution, SEOpress is fast becoming the "easy to use" goto plugin.

Then you have the more advanced SEO plugins like SEO framework.

A

aishley

Yoast is to bloated and It's rare id recommend it to anyone, Rankmath is ok but contains alot of features and tools which may or may not be better served as individial tools if/when required.

It depends on your need for ease of use and things like traffic light systems for content or whether you are the more advanced user.

All in one SEO pack is still a nice lightweight solution, SEOpress is fast becoming the "easy to use" goto plugin.

Then you have the more advanced SEO plugins like SEO framework.
Thank you for the suggestions. :)

laurenhayward

laurenhayward

From my experience Yoast SEO is the best plug in for SEO.

P

pmwpaul

The poistives for Yoast outway the neagtives. It may be "bloated" in that it does a lot and I'm not keen on the trafic lights and suggestions. However the sitemap system keeps Google up to date with all the changes you make to your pages. I'm also relaibly informed it's one of only a few SEO plugins that integrates with woocommerce the ecommerce plugin

Adam

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
The poistives for Yoast outway the neagtives. It may be "bloated" in that it does a lot and I'm not keen on the trafic lights and suggestions. However the sitemap system keeps Google up to date with all the changes you make to your pages. I'm also relaibly informed it's one of only a few SEO plugins that integrates with woocommerce the ecommerce plugin
What do you believe Yoast offers which most of the other plugins do not? The basics that Yoast offer by default for Woocommerce is covered by most of the SEO plugins, additional features are obviously covered in their premium Woocommerce plugin.

P

pmwpaul

I'm not web developer so I have only tried 3 on our website, one being Platinum SEO and it was very crude compared to Yoast