By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Which is best WordPress SEO plugin?

A

aishley

Hi,
I'm building a WordPress site and want to install a plugin for SEO and indexing purpose. I'm confused between Yoast and Rankmath, which will be good to use?

Adam

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Yoast is to bloated and It's rare id recommend it to anyone, Rankmath is ok but contains alot of features and tools which may or may not be better served as individial tools if/when required.

It depends on your need for ease of use and things like traffic light systems for content or whether you are the more advanced user.

All in one SEO pack is still a nice lightweight solution, SEOpress is fast becoming the "easy to use" goto plugin.

Then you have the more advanced SEO plugins like SEO framework.

A

aishley

Yoast is to bloated and It's rare id recommend it to anyone, Rankmath is ok but contains alot of features and tools which may or may not be better served as individial tools if/when required.

It depends on your need for ease of use and things like traffic light systems for content or whether you are the more advanced user.

All in one SEO pack is still a nice lightweight solution, SEOpress is fast becoming the "easy to use" goto plugin.

Then you have the more advanced SEO plugins like SEO framework.
Thank you for the suggestions. :)

P

pmwpaul

The poistives for Yoast outway the neagtives. It may be "bloated" in that it does a lot and I'm not keen on the trafic lights and suggestions. However the sitemap system keeps Google up to date with all the changes you make to your pages. I'm also relaibly informed it's one of only a few SEO plugins that integrates with woocommerce the ecommerce plugin

Adam

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
The poistives for Yoast outway the neagtives. It may be "bloated" in that it does a lot and I'm not keen on the trafic lights and suggestions. However the sitemap system keeps Google up to date with all the changes you make to your pages. I'm also relaibly informed it's one of only a few SEO plugins that integrates with woocommerce the ecommerce plugin

What do you believe Yoast offers which most of the other plugins do not? The basics that Yoast offer by default for Woocommerce is covered by most of the SEO plugins, additional features are obviously covered in their premium Woocommerce plugin.

P

pmwpaul

I'm not web developer so I have only tried 3 on our website, one being Platinum SEO and it was very crude compared to Yoast

C

cssjim

I tried Yoast and was totally confused as it kept saying I hade a million an one issues which seemed to make no sense

L

lucasbrown

No doubt plugins are very helpful but i think Plugins are the most common issue that causes Website loads slow, Try to resolve or customize your website with Shortcodes,

Needhelp

Needhelp

I have used Yoast in the past but now I use SEOPress. No doubt we will see enw SEO plugins emerging in the weeks and months ahead so always good to keep an open mind.

RossyJo

RossyJo

At the very beginning I used Yoast , then AIOSEO and was very satisfied, but now I am using just two services Majestic and Ahrefs SEO toolbar and it is more than enough. Oh and also Broken link checker, tried a few ones, hard to say which does best cause they all more or less work ok.

A

Alex_Gramm

The main goal of any SEO plugin is covering tech SEO things, especially when the webmaster or website owner is non-tech person. There is no a perfect SEO plugin. As an SEO I use Yoast, Rank Math and others. RankMath is not perfect but it is a little bit better than Yoast. But if you have been using Yoast for years you can use Yoast.
Choosing of any plugin must be based on the experience and your goals. Why do you need a SEO plugin? Which things do you want to implement? Are you a tech-person? A you an SEO?

highlandspring

highlandspring

I had a lot of hassle with hackers recently so I would say wordfence, it creates a copy of your site and compares the live site to it, if there is a difference it lets you know and you can check if its hacker activity or not.

J

John Sanchez

I recommend Yoast, i used Yoast in my website with good results in SEO.

Have a great day
John.

S

SethMorris

At the very beginning I used Yoast , then AIOSEO and was very satisfied, but now I am using just two services Majestic and Ahrefs SEO toolbar and it is more than enough. Oh and also Broken link checker, tried a few ones, hard to say which does best cause they all more or less work ok.
i'm agree with you. I used It and it works well

spareparts

spareparts

Yeah, Yoast will work fine.
And if you want better search results, try to leave CMS, move to static site.