By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What's all the interest in Pinterest?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Pinterest seems to be the new kid on the block. I've came across lots of blog posts of people talking about it.

Still not sure I really get it :confused:. For me seems to work best for more creative types rather than having a mass market appeal. What do people think? Is it something we should consider as part of our social media approach or is it too early?

frockery

frockery

I joined up last week and suffered immediate brain frazzle. I may persevere as it is allegedly most useful for my type of business. Then again, do I really have the time?

aviemorebusiness

aviemorebusiness

I am absolutely, categorically, without question utterly addicted to Pinterest. Probably need to clarify that I don't particularly use it for business purposes (yet!) but for personal use if you happen to be a bit artistic, crafty etc then it is a wonderful source of inspiration. If you do happen to get going on it then do 'friend' me http://pinterest.com/katiefenton/ :)

More 4 Mums

More 4 Mums

Pinterest seems to be very much crafting, fashion and design led at the moment however I can see that changing as larger companies notice the potential and move in. I am fairly new to Pinterest but have created some boards with my own products and those that may attract my target market. I have tried not to have a pushy, direct sales approach, just to gradually add images and followers. Think it is more about having a presence at the moment.
http://pinterest.com/more4mums/ if you want to follow or take a look.

Alan @ Sole

Alan @ Sole

Is it something we should consider as part of our social media approach or is it too early?
I think most small businesses have trouble checking, updating and maximising the potential in the big three as it is. Most don't have a clearly defined aim for any of them, they're on them largely due to peer pressure or the thought of being left behind or out of touch.

So in short for small businesses it's too early imo. Personally it's not something I would use, but I can see the attraction for others.

aviemorebusiness

aviemorebusiness

In typical social media fasion, the USA have without doubt welcomed Pinterest into their business lives, there are tha major brands on there using it as a giveaway resource, there are also 1000s of SEO, Internet marketing etc companies on it as well. We have only scratched the surface of what we use our profiles for business for because we hate it when SEO or social media is or looks forced, but I do think it will come and it is something that we are monitoring closely to make sure we recommend it to customers when applicable. Of course the fact that I have this 'arty farty' side when away from my laptop definitely helps (see earlier post)....

More 4 Mums - I will follow you today.

Katie

A

Annie

I am not sure if I actually understand how to make effective use of it, though I am using it but do not have any special interest in it. Or maybe I am not using it that effectively.

aviemorebusiness

aviemorebusiness

Hey Annie, you havent given us any of your details so we can go and check out your Facebook page or your Pinterest - why don't you share and we can then connect :)

MrsDev

I know this is an old thread. I just wanted to chip in with what I have been doing with Pinterest. I created a board for our products, separated them out into categories - learning aids (knitted breasts and a knitted placenta),books and apparel. I then created several boards for topics related to my market, such as birth and breastfeeding etc.

I get daily emails that pins have been added to my boards. How much this converts into website traffic I don't know. I haven't added anything myself onto the boards in 6+ months.

Does anyone know of any articles which explain how to get website traffic from pinterest?

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

MrsDev - thank you for your post. It's great to see what you're using Pinterest for. I don't think it matters how old a thread is, if it's relevant it's fine. It would be interesting to see how much of your traffic DOES come from Pinterest, so if you do ever monitor it please do let me know!

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking