By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What would you do differently if you had your time again in business?

G

Goingitalone

Verified Member
I would be very interested to learn what you might do differently if you had your time again from the start of your business career. My biggest regret is not expanding when the company was doing well thereby introducing a number of different income streams and reducing overdependence on one part of the business. I am still working on that but because the business is dominated by one income stream it is difficult to find time to introduce another. Does that make sense?

Needhelp

Needhelp

Verified Member
In hindsight I would have been as cost-conscious in the good times as I have been in the not so good times. Unfortunately, when my business was doing well I failed to put away money for a "rainy day" and when that rainy day came this meant I ended up living from month-to-month. That is the one big thing I would change.

Needhelp

Needhelp

Verified Member
Sorry, I think I may have confused the matter. I am self-employed and work for myself so I have no staff. What I was meaning was that in hindsight, to help with the difficult times, I regret not putting money to one side in a separate account.