By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What makes money laundering illegal?

CatherineOwens

CatherineOwens

So I heard from my mom that her brother is being accused of money laundering, and they are planning to seek the help of this money laundering barrister London for that. So when I was reading some articles online, I’m quite confused about how such cases really works. What is so illegal about it anyway? The transferring of cash or the initial crime behind that money is the illegal part?

PatMil

PatMil

Money laundering is simply converting "dirty money" (received from an illegal source) to "clean money"(looking like it was received from a legitimate source. The "dirty money" is the proceeds of an illegal transaction (e.g. undeclared income, money from a bribe, drug dealing, etc).
This article explains it well money-laundering.htm

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking