By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

jimbairn

jimbairn

Not exactly what I'm listening to right now (though I could cheat and put them on my MP3 player) but all weekend I was either singing that 'Jai Ho" song from Slumdog Millionaire or 'I dreamed a dream...' fro Les Miserables.

Rickwood Portpatrick

Rickwood Portpatrick

Hi

I have just discoveed a brilliant Internet Radio Station - Last FM

You key in the name of a favourite artist/band and it plays a track from that band /artist followed by tracks from similar artists. It also gives you a load of info on each artist played.

A great way of finding out about bands you may have missed along the way.

Enjoying U2`s new album at the moment - No Line on the Horizon. I have never been a U2 fan up until now but this album is different form the rest - perhaps because of Brain Eno`s involvement

My wife is really enjoying Priscilla Ahn - check her out on Last FM

Going to see an old guitar hero - Garry Moore at the Glasgow O2 on Wednesday and Albert Lee in Kirkcudbright on Sunday- more that`s more gigs in one week that I usually get to in a year!!

regards

Gutsy

Gutsy

Jim - I've also been listening to "I Dreamed a Dream" - I can listen to it over and over - I don't think I'll sing it though. LOL. And after that, "Cry Me A River"

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Currently listening to: Ella Henderson, Ghost. For no other reason than it's currently playing on the radio!

P

Pete Brindle

Listening to some classical music, as it helps to relax me when I'm working from home.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Listening to some classical music, as it helps to relax me when I'm working from home.
Are you like me, in that you can't listen to anything with lyrics in? When I was writing my first novel I tried it, and I kept typing what I was listening to, which was a complete pain to be honest!

P

Pete Brindle

Are you like me, in that you can't listen to anything with lyrics in? When I was writing my first novel I tried it, and I kept typing what I was listening to, which was a complete pain to be honest!
I bet that would have been entertaining for the proofreader at least!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I bet that would have been entertaining for the proofreader at least!
Well I actually proofread it myself (not the best idea, long story.. literally) and it wasn't entertaining, just annoying! I won't be doing it again, nor will I be proofreading my own work again!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I spend alot of time listening to podcasts.

Just finished this one earlier on Smart Passive Income http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/author-empire-steve-scott/

I'm a huge fan of Pat Flynn and he seems like a great guy. His podcasts are also great to listen to :)

I'm also taking alot from it as we're about to launch our very own podcast ScotBizPod very soon but keep that quiet ;)

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Right now, I'm listening to Classic FM online. I have a lot of proofreading to do, which I usually do in silence, but I decided I couldn't do it without music today for some reason, because it feels as though my brain is still a bit mashed from all of the proofreading work that I did yesterday! So hopefully this music will be able to keep me on task, because I would very much like to have this work finished today and returned to the writer who sent it to us.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Silly question Gemma but if music has words in it does it make it difficult for a proofreader? I've lost count of the number of times I've been writing an email only to finds random words from a song in the middle of it! :oops:

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Silly question Gemma but if music has words in it does it make it difficult for a proofreader? I've lost count of the number of times I've been writing an email only to finds random words from a song in the middle of it! :oops:
Yep, it's definitely distracting! You have to be able to read every single word, as opposed to what we normally do when reading which is skim read and get the general idea (that's why your eyes only move a couple of times per line of text rather than constantly scrolling). When music with lyrics is on it's too easy to concentrate on that instead and start reading as a reader rather as a critic. So I only have lyrical music on if I'm doing a job that doesn't require much brain power!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lauren Turner

Because my work is arts and crafts I love just blasting my favourite songs while I'm working. Singing always makes me more creative I think, so the louder the music the better. At the moment I just have one of the music channels and I'm not really sure what's on (all of me.. loves.. all of you) but I do have a few playlists set up for those times when I need something to keep me singing and working hard! I am doing what I love, listening to what I love, so the day just flies by a lot of the time. When I'm not wasting time on the internet, of course.