By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Wester Ross joining

S

SimoneNelson

Working in glorious Wester Ross but still without Broadband officially - but no longer talking about it as it is just too frustrating for words - the one opportunity to level the playing field and almost one year on we still do not know who is the provider or what is likely to be the solution................. can't bear it.

I provide software for Mail Order Businesses - small family concerns or new Web Traders.

Practice what I preach and run a mail order, organic, semi permanent cosmetics company - super customers - lots of fun! Trying to employ ladies from across the loch via Broadband - using 'Dongles' which is at least better than dial up BUT. .....

My two collaborators and I (Mike Robertson in Orkney and John Wilson in Skye) - on the software front are trying to work using the Trust model - all actions are based on Trust - read Stephen M.R Covey's Book 'The Speed of Trust - The one thing that changes everything'.

We feel that we should spread this idea in the Highlands where to a large extent we are a small business community and we mostly know each other already. How do you put this idea over????

TomB

TomB

Hey Simone,

Welcome to the forums!!

So what kind of software do you provide to businesses?

T

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Simone,

Welcome to SBF :) Do you have a website for your business we could have a look at as well?

S

SimoneNelson

Hey Simone,

Welcome to the forums!!

So what kind of software do you provide to businesses?

T
Hi Tom

Many people think that a website is all they need, but there is a lot that needs to happen once you have got an order! Importing orders from the Internet - keeping a note of a customer and their details, sending out the parcel, informing the carrier (if used),perhaps processing a credit card if it has not already been done online. Keeping an eye on your stock - perhaps reordering. Reconciling payments with bank statements etc. Often our clients find they are rekeying information into different bits of software - we try to eliminate all that - speed up the proccess - allow our clients to handle more or have holidays instead!

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking