By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Weird; Possible Scam....

Earlier today I had a confusing international call. A rather upset foreign lady was looking for one Mr Charles Morgan whom she believed to be the Managing director of TFGtv !!!

Naturally I was able to put her straight but she kept going on about 'my tv media production company'. Took me a while to work out she was trying to FIND a company called 'my tv media production company'.....

A little scratching around revealed TFGtv showing up in seaches for 'my tv media production scotland' and some scratching around eventually brought me to THIS page....

Au Pair / Nanny Job In Edinburgh, United Kingdom For British Family

Interesting family this... Six Hundred Quid a week to look after their hundred-year-old baby... The hours are great! 20-25 a week....

As far as I know there is no Company called mytv... Certainly not in Edinburgh.... The media community is a small one; I've never heard of Charles Morgan...

This looks a lot like a scam to be... But can anyone throw any light on it? Is it a known scam site or does it warrant further investigation?

bsfweb

bsfweb

Thanks for posting your experience - an excellent use of business forums in my view. I have clicked on the link but it is unclear to me how genuine it is. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I would be interested in any follow up.

Thanks for posting your experience - an excellent use of business forums in my view. I have clicked on the link but it is unclear to me how genuine it is. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I would be interested in any follow up.

Who has a 100-year old baby? :laugh:

I guess that could be a typo, but they're also paying £600 a week.... And not many Dentists work in hospitals... So it just doesn't hang together...

There are a couple of 'mytv' companies, but not in Scotland...

Also, the English used is stilted... I'd guess of African origin...