By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Weeknds included as holiday

S

Sunny95

Just wondering if weekends count as your holidays days in a job? In my new Job I get 28 days holiday and I have 10 left because 18 have been used. It's in a nursery that opened for the term on 3rd Jan (the day I started). The 1st and 2nd of Jan have been classed as my holiday. The other 16 days are 3 bank holidays, 4 days off in April (Friday - Monday),and the rest in December which includes a Saturday and a Sunday. I work 40 hours a week Monday to Friday so don't work weekends anyway so don't understand why they've been counted. Been there 4 weeks and I have 10 days left, just seems a bit harsh. Does anyone else have weekends counted on their contract?

robertopupka

robertopupka

Since I have my own business, I choose this one day a week for rest